Respected Contributor

Shame, shame, shame on QVC for selling OLD makeup.  

Recently purchased a nice IT Cosmetics kit, received it yesterday, tried everything today, colors are good.  Thanks to another poster for mentioning she received expired makeup which prompted me to look at the packaging of my new haul.  No expiration date appeared anywhere, only saw a code on the crimp on the reverse side of the product.  Called IT Cosmetics (phone number on the package), gal had no information to give me.  I called QVC CS, gal directed me to a site called check cosmetics dot net (you know how to decipher that) where you can find the brand and enter in codes to see the date of manufacture.  The date of the makeup that QVC sold me is JANUARY 2017.

I even told the CS gal that I would be posting the results on this Forum for all to see.  

Back it goes first thing in the morning.

If not for the original poster of the Forum I never would have cared to look.  I've held QVC to a better standard than this.  Never, ever will I purchase any makeup from QVC.

Lesson learned, people.  We need to look at everything.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing that information.

That is a considerable amount of time.

Contributor

Thank you @BarbiHollywood for posting this information! I have often wondered about this... Sometimes you can tell by the color (like when Philosophy Snow Globe Shower Gel is Grey!????) but of course with foundations etc..... 

Respected Contributor

Re: SHAME ON QVC

[ Edited ]

@BCreative5   What makes it worse, in my opinion, is that when I spoke with each of the customer service gals (QVC and IT) and stated to them very clearly, "...I hope you are not selling your customers old makeup..,." is that neither denied that it would be the case.  No one said anything like, "oh no, we don't do that" or "that wouldn't be acceptable."  I guess someone at some level, perhaps not the customer service reps, knows the truth and thinks it's okay.  But it isn't.  It's SHAMEFUL.

Like I said in m previous post, I told the QVC rep that I would be sharing my info with everyone on this Forum so it shouldn't be removed by the QVC Social Team.  The truth is the truth.

Respected Contributor

This really concerns me as I purchase a fair amount of IT cosmetics. Thanks for the heads up @BarbiHollywood 

Esteemed Contributor

you shouldn't have to spend your time and energy returning such awful merchandise...your word should be enough proof....obviously...by now....they know they have a quality problem with this product.......jmo.....

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing that website. I have often wondered about cosmetics not only from QVC but in general. Now I have a resource that I can use.

Respected Contributor

I have often wondered about some of the Tarte products that QVC sells. Some of the foundations and eyeshadow palettes have to be at least a couple years old! 

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee No, thanks to the poster in the other thread!!!    It was because of her post that made me run to go look to check mine,   (The IT set I bought included a CC Cream, Bye Bye Pores powder, Brow Power, a mascara, and a Je Ne Sais Quoi lip product.)  The CC cream date of manufacture was January 2017, and I just saw that the Bye Bye Pores does have a pic of the little jar on the compact showing "24 months" as the expiration.  I say this to point out that IT Cosmetics' packaging standards are not consistent.  I believe that little jar should also be included on the CC cream packaging, too.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I have often wondered about some of the Tarte products that QVC sells. Some of the foundations and eyeshadow palettes have to be at least a couple years old! 

@wvumountiefan Yikes!!  Definitely don't put anything expired near your eyes.