Honored Contributor

I received my email re: Sephora Discount. VIB discounts have been reduced from 20% every other year to 15% this year!!! Of course, I spoke to CS early this morning and their obnoxious explanation is “Yes, they decided to lower it to 15% this year”. Duh? I informed them that ULTA is offering 20%, Lancôme has a F&F 20% and Macy’s offering 20% fairly often on most cosmetics. 

Let CS hear me tearing up my Sephora list. What a nerve! No notice, either. 

Occasional Contributor

This is not the annual VIB sale that happens in November. This is an additional sale to promote their new rewards system. I contacted customer service and they said the VIB sale will still be happening later this year where Rouge and VIB both get 20% off.

Honored Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

This is not the annual VIB sale that happens in November. This is an additional sale to promote their new rewards system. I contacted customer service and they said the VIB sale will still be happening later this year where Rouge and VIB both get 20% off.

@JoNikki  They didn’t give me that info. Who would purchase at 15% when 20% available in Nov.? Doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks for info.

Occasional Contributor

I specifically asked them if this was taking the place of the VIB sale. I don't think they are making it public knowledge so we buy now and buy more later in November. I appreciate the extra sale but 15% isn't really that much when brand websites have anywhere from 20-30% off periodically. Hope this helps others!

Honored Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

I specifically asked them if this was taking the place of the VIB sale. I don't think they are making it public knowledge so we buy now and buy more later in November. I appreciate the extra sale but 15% isn't really that much when brand websites have anywhere from 20-30% off periodically. Hope this helps others!

@JoNikki  Very dishonest marketing, right?

Honored Contributor

I'm rouge and got 20% so it's no difference to me. And Ulta does not carry nearly the variety of brands or level of quality. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I received mine in the mail and when I went to order online, I couldn't find my 15% off coupon.  But I ordered anyway.  Now I get an email giving me 15% off.  Nope.  Done with them.

Honored Contributor

For VIB online the discount code is for one use only.  (I still used it for one item for me and two for gifts.)

Regular Contributor

I had 270$ in my Sephora cart and have always gotten 20% off and this year they’re saying I only get 10% off! Guess what? I’m saving 100% by emptying my entire cart. Really? 10% off what sort of incentive is that?

Honored Contributor

So today is the first day I can purchase anything (VIB), and wouldn't you know 4 items I was interested in are sold out! It never fails, this happens to me every time Sephora runs a sale like this, I end up getting nothing.