Respected Contributor
I just received a postcard in mail today for Macy's VIP Sale. 15% off any beauty purchase from 9/4-9/15.
Respected Contributor
Correction to dates.. 15% off beauty from 9/16 - 9/24!
Contributor

The sale started a week earlier only for Rouges.  We received 20% off one online order and unlimited in store purchases.  The VIB and Insider sale started later.  VIBs get 15% off and Insiders get just 10% off.  This is not their big annual sale, but a sale to promote their new rewards program.  Rouges will now get 1.5 points for every dollar spent and VIBs will get 1.25 points for every dollar spent.  There will also be rewards only availble to VIB and Rouge members. 

Honored Contributor

@Birdwatchergirl wrote:

I had 270$ in my Sephora cart and have always gotten 20% off and this year they’re saying I only get 10% off! Guess what? I’m saving 100% by emptying my entire cart. Really? 10% off what sort of incentive is that?

@Birdwatchergirl  That’s exactly how I felt when I blew out CS. I can get that discount on individual sites w/o shipping, ULTA, dept. stores like Macy’s, etc. If I purchase Lancôme, Estée Lauder or Clinique...I wait for GWP. I’m through w/ Sephora.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

For VIB online the discount code is for one use only.  (I still used it for one item for me and two for gifts.)

@Daysdee. Unless I misunderstood the small print, it’s one use online and the dates listed can be used in the store. They’re assuming, in store, you’ll make impulse purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

So my daughter and I visited Sephora yesterday and I bought a Clinique sunscreen and she bought a Laura Mercier loose setting powder. we both own those already. The Tarte concealer she wanted was sold out along with nearly every other shade of concealer in that line. Poor customer help in store with both the Tarte and Sephora reps saying we don't know anything and why not order it online. 

Sephora's sale is mediocre.

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm rouge and got 20% so it's no difference to me. And Ulta does not carry nearly the variety of brands or level of quality. 

@jaxs momYou really should check out Ulta if you haven't been in one for the past year or so.  They have remodeled most of their stores across the country and  increased the number of prestige brands they carry.  I would estimate that they probably carry about 70% of the same prestige brands as Sephora and a handful which Sephora does not. Of course that statement can go vice versa with regard to Sephora carrying a handful of prestige brands one cannot buy at Ulta.  Just off the top of my head I can buy at Ulta: Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Nars, MAC, Urban Decay, Tarte, BareMinerals, Becca, Lorac, Pur Minerals, Laura Geller, Lipstick Queen, Too Faced, Stila, Laura Geller, Peter Thomas Roth, Dr. Perricone, First Aid Beauty, Philosophy, Vichy, IT to name a few makeup and skincare brands; plus they have an extensive collection of prestige tools for skin and hair including names such as T3, Buttercup, Dyson, and Clarisonic.  

My opinion of Ulta aside you should shop where you feel the most served and pleased with the inventory and the things you buy.  If that is Sephora then stay loyal my friend. For me Ulta works because I primarily shop downtown Chicago. Anything I can't get there, I only need go to one of the numerous nearby department stores, and I also patronize brand websites, QVC, HSN, and other online retailers for beauty items. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

For VIB online the discount code is for one use only.  (I still used it for one item for me and two for gifts.)

@Daysdee. Unless I misunderstood the small print, it’s one use online and the dates listed can be used in the store. They’re assuming, in store, you’ll make impulse purchases.

@Shanus I should have specified "online" as that is what I meant.  I don't shop in the Sephora stores as they are too far away.  Have Ulta here, but I seldom go there.  Just don't care for that store.

Valued Contributor

Re: SEPHORA % WHAT?!?!?

[ Edited ]

Sephora is a joke now.. Why anyone still shops there when other online retailers and the various brands' own websites often have sales throughout the year and MUCH higer % off than Sephora's pathetic occasional sales I have no idea. Boggles my mind.

I used to dislike Ulta but they've really stepped up their game and have alot of the same brands Sephora has and even more. I also prefer to sign up with my favorite brands' websites because they offer rewards and much better sales. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes I purchased last week during the Rouge preview too.  The way I see it, there has to be an incentive to stay at rouge level, so these are loyalty rewards.

While I sympathize with those getting lower discounts and definitely agree with also shopping brand sites, retailers have to rely on repeat customers now so that’s why there are increased rewards for repeat business.