Honored Contributor

Re: Roscaea - itching and burning!

@Fifi1 

If I may ask, what are you currently using to cleanse your face?

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Fifi1 

I've used Bobbi Brown oil cleanser for years - but have been trying to use Clinique Redness Relief cleanser-  my derm loves Cereve but the foaming is too much for my skin and the cream one doesn't remove makeup(when I wear).  I almost think this is more of a dermatitis issue of some type along with mild roscaea!  I've been to my derm every three week since end of August Smiley Sad  used to go twice a year for skin check on botox!         

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Fifi1 

I've used Bobbi Brown oil cleanser for years - but have been trying to use Clinique Redness Relief cleanser-  my derm loves Cereve but the foaming is too much for my skin and the cream one doesn't remove makeup(when I wear).  I almost think this is more of a dermatitis issue of some type along with mild roscaea!  I've been to my derm every three week since end of August Smiley Sad  used to go twice a year for skin check on botox!         

@Fifi1 

Have you tried oil cleansing?

Valued Contributor

tell me more Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifi1 

I got started with this blog-

wellnessmama com/7569/oil-cleansing-method/

I have had acne and rosacea here and there, but my skin is pretty clear now and not dry.  I use a blend of castor and olive oil.

I also make sure that I use a fresh microfiber towel each time that I cleanse, I take probiotics and drink a lot of water.  It is also good to limit dairy, chocolate, wine and spicy foods, if you can.

Also, have you changed your toothpaste?

Edited to remove link

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Fifi1  !  I feel your misery.  Been there, endured that.  What helped me was oil cleansing @lolakimono mentions this and using Japanese Camellia oil as my moisturizer.  My friends call me the Queen of Creams/Potions due to my cranky skin.  Both the oil cleansing and oil as my moisturizer helped calm my rosacea immensely.  Once I calmed it I was lucky (not) enough to need complete allergy testing.  I had been tested as a child, but needed to do the full panel.  Low and behold I had several food allergies I knew nothing about or developed as an adult.  Who knew? Taking those foods out of my diet along with my idiosyncracies means I'm vegan about 97% of the time.  OMG, my skin has calmed beyond belief.  Now, I'm not advocating vegan diet and I'm not advocating allergy testing, simply sharing what happened to me.  I hope you find relief soon, very soon.  

Honored Contributor

I would also like to suggest altering your diet.

I went on the Whole30 and transitioned to Paleo and my skin is amazing.  Lots of skin issues can be linked to food.

/PSA

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I really appreciate each post!  I do very limited dairy or beef, sugar Lots of fresh veggies and fruits and have done allergy testing several times...but not in a long time.  I have been leaning towards elimination diet or blood tests.  I do LOVE wine, and lately it does cause face issues!   Frustrating as i have always take. Very good care of myself self with diet and exercise, etc.  seeing that sometimes stuff happens....Taking all your input with me and will let you know what comes of appt.  

thank you!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Second the IPL. The only thing that works for me. The dilate blood vessels are  zapped and vaporized. I had mine 'bruised out' and you do have to lie low while the bruising fades. It is extraordinary. Have it done maybe once every ten years. No other treatment need.

Esteemed Contributor

You might need a different med.  I would start there.  Some people get a bad reaction from alcohol so that’s something to avoid.