Respected Contributor

Revlon Colorsilk Shampoo/Conditioner. Great Walmart Find

[ Edited ]

$2.97  at my local Walmart.  I tried it and like it. My dark brown hair is kinda uneven given all my failed attempts to lighten it and redyeing to cover my mistakes  and this deposited color in my hair. In one shampoo it evened out my hair color nicely and made my hair look more natural and deepened my hair overall.  It was quite a bit moisterizing and suprizingly gentle.  They have it for blondes and redheads as well. Why pay $8.99 for John Freda when this is only $2.97? 

s-l1000.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Revlon Colorsilk Shampoo/Conditioner. Great Walmart Find

Fyi: It's not a color depositing shampoo or conditioner. It just has color preserving ingredients specific to what color your hair is.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It apparently is color depositing on some level for my hair is noticibly darker and I took before and after picks and people comment they see the difference.  Both the shampoo and conditioner is a dark brown color. Before/After pics dont lie. 

Respected Contributor

Just passing along info from Revlons website. Didn't want people being disappointed thinking it would deposit color when it does not. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting - I haven't seen these and I've been Revlon Colorsilk for about 20 yrs now. It doesn't mention that it deposits color but since my ends are lighter than my roots, maybe it'll get them looking a tad closer in tone.

I'll be looking for this the next time I'm there.

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

I think I'd rather make a visit to my salon to get my hair color professionally evened out but thats just me. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I really like the condition that comes with the Colorsilk haircolor so this is on m list to try.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I looked at these in WM, since I use Colorsilk hair color in Dark Auburn, looked at the Red, the shampoo was bright cherry red, a little scary. I think there were coupons for these on the tubes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I looked at these in WM, since I use Colorsilk hair color in Dark Auburn, looked at the Red, the shampoo was bright cherry red, a little scary. I think there were coupons for these on the tubes.

Maybe I should get these, since I bought a different shade of dye and it's not red enough...more of a brown with a coppery cast.  Smiley Frustrated  Serves me right for buying the wrong shade just because the store happened to be out of the one I like.

Thanks for the heads-up, @Shelbelle and @kcladyz !!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I think I'd rather make a visit to my salon to get my hair color professionally evened out but thats just me. Woman Happy

@ID2  Sounds expensive.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org