Honored Contributor

Re: RETIN A USERS - I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ~

I used Retin A for years for cystic acne.  Because of my dryness, my dermatologist told me to use a moisturizer.

I always used the non greasy yellow one by Clinique which is so good, they sell 1 every 4 minutes. 

Respected Contributor

I use retin A alone at night. Every morning I wash my face and Declotte and apply Neutrogena clear face sunblock oil free. I have acne prone skin that can become cystic acne if I use too much moisturizer.
Started this routine at 23 and I am now 57. My skin remains clear to this day. Good luck!
Trusted Contributor

Usually, I do not.

I switch out my Retin A.  For example, I have two different strengths in a cream base, and once in a while go to the weaker one.  

I also have Retin A Micro which I'll use for a few weeks at a time. 

My face typically doesn't get irritated, but I have to watch out for my neck.

Once in a while, I will skip a night on my neck, or put a layer of Dr. Denise Hyroshield on first, let it absorb completely, and then put the weaker strength cream-based Retin A over top. 

I have been using Retin A over thirty years on my face, neck and the back of my hands. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

The retin - A alone provides enough moisturizer for my skin.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Having Rosacea I had to really test and figure out a way I could use it on my skin.  I have a low strength of 0.025%...began using it 2 times per week and over time added a day in until now for the last several months I am using it 7 days per week.  I always wash my face and wait for 10mins before applying my retin A.  I also let that soak in for a hour.  Then I might add just a tiny amount of eye cream or some tiny amount of cream around my mouth area.  I have had trouble with the corners of my mouth peeling too much!  

So if that happens I back off right away and use lotion only until it calms down.  I did it like the YouTuber HotandFlashy recommended and it has worked out really well for me.  I had tried yrs ago and failed due to the increase in burning redness peeling which having rosacea is NOT a good thing LOLWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I have been using Retin A for over 25 years and have always used a moisturizer overtop. My skin works well doing this so I will continue. In the winter I sometimes also use an oil before putting on my moisturizer.

Contributor

I don't use anything over my Tazorac at night.  and I use it every night during the summer, For me the game changer is Dr. Lancer's polish in the morning.   It gets rid of all of the flakey bits of skin.  I did not think my skin could handle it becase I have rosacea, but it works for me.   I do not work or get PR from Dr. Lancer, by the way!

Honored Contributor

For anyone interested...

AllDayChemist has a .02% strength cream. That's new to me and I believe that's their lowest concentration sold over there. It would be a good level to start out with imo, especially if you've never used tretinoin before. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I know you have answered this elsewhere, but where would you start for really sensitive skin, and any brand recommendations?

I have always had a hard time with any of these things. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.