Honored Contributor

Re: RETIN A USERS - I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ~

[ Edited ]

BTW if anyone is interested, Tara Ski care is having a 30% off sale thru 7-6-21. Free shipping on orders of $99.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For anyone interested...

AllDayChemist has a .02% strength cream. That's new to me and I believe that's their lowest concentration sold over there. It would be a good level to start out with imo, especially if you've never used tretinoin before. 

@SilleeMee  Have a question for you.  I placed a order a few months back with them and got more of the .025% & .05% cream plus I noticed they were offering the Retin A Micro by Jansen 0.04% so I got one of those to try.  Well that one is so odd...it has these small hard crystals that never dissolve on the skin.  I put some on and had to brush off those crystals.  It is not expired product but I am thinking that just can't be what Retin A Micro should be like but I have zero experience with what consistency should be like. OR if this stuff would even be effect.

I did see some reviews mentioning these crystals in it on the site...maybe I got a bad one??

Respected Contributor

@Dallasaggie wrote:

I don't use anything over my Tazorac at night.  and I use it every night during the summer, For me the game changer is Dr. Lancer's polish in the morning.   It gets rid of all of the flakey bits of skin.  I did not think my skin could handle it becase I have rosacea, but it works for me.   I do not work or get PR from Dr. Lancer, by the way!

I LOVE that polish of Lancer's and highly recommend it!  I too have sensitive skin/rosacea and can use this in the morning.  It is awesome and I agree that it truly makes a huge difference...wouldn't be without it.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

For anyone interested...

AllDayChemist has a .02% strength cream. That's new to me and I believe that's their lowest concentration sold over there. It would be a good level to start out with imo, especially if you've never used tretinoin before. 

@SilleeMee  Have a question for you.  I placed a order a few months back with them and got more of the .025% & .05% cream plus I noticed they were offering the Retin A Micro by Jansen 0.04% so I got one of those to try.  Well that one is so odd...it has these small hard crystals that never dissolve on the skin.  I put some on and had to brush off those crystals.  It is not expired product but I am thinking that just can't be what Retin A Micro should be like but I have zero experience with what consistency should be like. OR if this stuff would even be effect.

I did see some reviews mentioning these crystals in it on the site...maybe I got a bad one??

@tsavorite 

The 0.1 micro gel I got is the same way. It must have something to do with the gel formulation. IDK for sure. But what I do when I apply it is add a drop or two of plain water to the pea-size amount of the gel, gently mix it and then apply it to my skin. The water seems to dissolve the granules somewhat so it doesn't feel gritty. To me it appears that something in the gel is crystallizing, and since the gel formulation is water based, adding a tiny bit of water will rehydrate the gel and make it smoother again. It is strange though that this is happening and not at all uncommon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  I knew you would have an answer for me LOL!!Woman LOL  That's good to know as it isn't a "dud" then.  I was thinking of moving up to this strength or seeing if it's easier on me to transition to it over many months being the micro formulation.  I will do the water trick to help out and brush off any left over crystals.

Thanks so much

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

BTW if anyone is interested, Tara Ski care is having a 30% off sale thru 7-6-21. Free shipping on orders of $99.

My post was altered because I tried to sneak in a code.  You'll have to do a search to find it, but it's worth it.