Honored Contributor

Re: Question about razors for face shaving...

[ Edited ]

@MalibuFox wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  I was using this brand as well until 

I was at Tj maxx and picked up a brand by Kitsch

i did not realize how rough the Tinkle ones were 

until trying a different brand.  I usually do 3 uses, 

then I toss. On the nights I do the shave I follow it up 

with the Avene Cicalfate to head off any irritation 

@MalibuFox  -  I'll be on the lookout for that brand when I'm in TJ Maxx.  Now that you mention it,  they had a good selection of razors the last time I was in there.   Thx.

Respected Contributor

I use a regular razor in the shower with a little purity cleanser for peach fuzz and a few hairs that grow.  I read somewhere years ago that Marilyn Monroe did this so I tried it, you just have to be gentle of course.

Honored Contributor

I believe the Tinkles can be used several times before pitching.  IMO it's similar to a disposable razor, just a straight edge rather than a double or triple blade.  You'll probably be able to tell when you start experiencing stubble left behind or being unable to get a real close shave.

I'm in the process of reducing and hopefully stopping hair growth by using a BareSkin device.  I still have to shave as part of the process so I use a Venus razor or something comparable. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Yes as you found out they can be used several times. I don't know how many times exactly, you'll just have to judge that for yourself. Sorry I couldn't offer a exact number. Do you like the end results?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I use mine on a clean dry face.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wow! I thought I was the only one that did this! I use the Bic sensitive razors. I use it several times as I only shave once every couple of months. In between, I use my epilator. I read somewhere to do it on dry skin and no moisturizer after. So, that's how I do it. It has never irritated my skin. A friend of mine, who has great skin, has been shaving her face for years. I also have nice skin and this makes it look even smoother!😊

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Yes @monicakm , I was happy with the result.

Valued Contributor

I use the Revlon brand of these.  Use about 3-4 times until you can tell it is drying your face and then it's time to toss.

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend the Finishing Touches Flawless facial hair remover.  This little tool is perfect!  No irritation and gets rid of all the peach fuzz.  Start with clean, dry skin.  I moisturize after.  

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher 

Wow! I thought I was the only one that did this!

LOL!  I've thought that about a few things in the past and would be flabbergasted I wasn't the only one.

Shaving exfoliates your face which definitely helps with your complexion.