Super Contributor

Re: Question about Amazon Prime

You can get Amazon Prime free if you're a student, I believe. My daughter's stuff arrives so fast---I truly believe what they have said recently---that Amazon tracks what you are looking at and considering to buy and immediately has it sent to a nearby warehouse just in case. At the holidays everything caame in two days. Not sure if that is the norm.

Frequent Contributor

I'd love if qvc would do an Amazon prime kinda deal! Pay a one-time lump sum & get free, expedited shipping for the remainder of the year! Gosh, it would pay for itself in 5-8 orders & I'd be more inclined to purchase. Wishful thinking! Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

We absolutely love Prime in our house. I do order more now from Amazon because of it. I search the web and compare prices and usually find it on Prime for less or close to the same price, but free two day shipping. I have never had any Prime take longer then two days, unless I order over the weekend (Sunday doesn't count). I just ordered Elemis products from them. Most of the Elemis products that QVC sells are much less on Amazon and on prime. The eye cream was $25.00 (qvc $65.00), capsules $53.00 (qvc $105.00). I always check there first before I order anything.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Valued Contributor

I like Prime too but if the rumor is true and it's going up to $120 a year ... I'm going to be happy to wait for my stuff!

Regular Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Pagan said:

I like Prime too but if the rumor is true and it's going up to $120 a year ... I'm going to be happy to wait for my stuff!

I had no idea it might go up that much and agree with you. I was hoping for maybe a twenty dollar hike, not fifty. Shipping prices have gone up and I have never understood how they even offered Prime two day shipping because they can't make any money off it. Last year my husband found a car part he needed on prime and saved $65.00 in shipping by getting off Amazon. Seriously, every site he went to wanted at least that much if not more to ship it. When you can get appliance's and furniture off Amazon on prime you do have to wonder how they can make money on it.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Honored Contributor

Also if you are a Prime member you can add friends onto you Prime acct. My son subscribes to Amazon Prime and added me onto his acct and I get to use it for FREE. I think they allowed 5 (?) friends for free. Didn't know if anyone knew about this.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2014 ID2 said:

Also if you are a Prime member you can add friends onto you Prime acct. My son subscribes to Amazon Prime and added me onto his acct and I get to use it for FREE. I think they allowed 5 (?) friends for free. Didn't know if anyone knew about this.

We share our Prime account also. It's a GREAT deal when many people can use if for the same cost!

Regular Contributor

Love Prime!! I am truly amazed how fast stuff arrives!! And free shipping!! And instant movies!!

If something cannot be shipped in the two day window, you know at checkout.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I LOVE AMAZON PRIME - Heck, I love Amazon everything!! Did I say I love Amazon?......hahaaa....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honestly I don't know what I'd do without Amazon...they even have their OWN delivery guy / service for the Prime. Their delivery beats by far USP, USPS, and FED EX. Always on time, 2 days and placed in front of my door. He does a little 'knock' to let me know. Many things have free shipping. Not just Prime. It might say Sold by Company ABC and 'fulfilled' by Amazon, so that too qualifies for the fast 2 day free shipping. All things which come directly from Amazon are 2 day free shipping also.

There are other companies who sell on Amazon which offer free shipping but the wait may be longer. I'm fine with that. The packaging is great and well done. Nothing is broken. Prices are low already, a lot to chose from in every category and just sheer joy to buy from. I trust them.......that is saying a lot in these days. I depend on them and they never fail me.

Amazon is the most professional and affordable company I've found to work with on line so far. I pay $79 a year for prime now and I will remain a loyal customer even "if" they do raise their prime $20 or even $40 more. Their CS is fantastic. They offer other specials and auto delivery too.....

Respected Contributor

I am for one glad that Amazon backs me with the 3rd Party Sellers. I have had a couple issues with them and all been resolved to my satisfaction as they should of been. They made major mistakes, misrepresented items, etc.

One time they sent a personalized Christmas Ornament without the Personalization! I was told to keep the Ornament. Nice but I really wanted it PERSONALIZED..that is why I ordered it!

Another time I orders a Ipod cover NY Yankees for my nephew did not fit his Ipod..the seller insisted I was wrong and it had to fit..I told him NO IT DID NOT..I wanted the cover and have no reason to lie..I was refunded my money then ordered another "skin" cover for the Ipon of the Yankees and received a sticker decal..no where in the description did it say it was a sticker!!! I got my money back but seller didn't want to..he said it was still considered a "skin.." plus it had red ink on top of it from sitting on another sticker!

I ordered gloves that were "magic" gloves that were supposed to have the sensor on the finger for texting..imagine my surprise when I got the gloves and they were the $1 store gloves with the fingers cut off..It was LOL but still not what was represented and not what I paid for!

I then ordered a bookcase that came with no instructions, that was marked and dug up..it took a couple go arounds with CS before it was resolved to my satisfaction.

I pay money for items - I expect to get what I ordered in the condition I expect it.

I will say that is just a couple instances in several hundred with Amazon. The good far outweighs the bad.

I too will continue my membership with the increased fees. I use it for everything and most items are cheaper or just as cheap delivered to my door then going to Walmart/Target for them. So I take advantage of not having to leave my house, lug stuff in/out etc.

I didn't think students got Amazon Prime FREE but at a reduced rate! I think you have to have an email address that ends in .edu and you pay half price.