Valued Contributor

Question About Using Both Vitamin C Serum and Peptide Serum

Anyone know if you should use them separately or together?  I've been using a Peptide serum and would like to add a Vitamin C serum.  I just read somewhere that they would cancel each other out if used together.  Should I use one in the am and the other in the pm?  Anyone know for sure?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question About Using Both Vitamin C Serum and Peptide Serum

[ Edited ]

I use both in the a.m., applying the peptide first, with L-ascorbic on top of that.

The only thing I ever heard is L-ascorbic should not be used with copper. If you are using a copper serum, then you might want to apply one in the a.m. and one in the p.m.

I've read the cancelling effect a long time ago, but I have doubts.

from isuniversity.org:

In the past, combining copper and Vitamin C together resulted in a chemical reaction between the two substances causing a decrease in antioxidant activity. Since both Vitamin C and copper are necessary for the formation of healthy collagen, combining both ingredients in a single formula potentiates collagen formation.

Honored Contributor

I use my vitamin c in the morning and my peptides at night.
Honored Contributor

Which peptides are you talking about? If you mean something like Matrixyl, you can definitely use that with practically any other kind of serum, including vitamin C. Peptides play very well with other ingredients.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Here’s a good video on using Vitamin C serum during the Summertime. https://youtu.be/yIbWcoiQ_XY Cody Montarbo has a lot of information on his YouTube videos. I enjoy watching him. If you don’t like his videos please don’t post.