Respected Contributor

Put on foundation for first time in over 3 months and

It found all the wrinkles I forgot I had.  I used the It cc cream in oil free and it floated to those lines and pointed them out.   I still have combination skin and I have tried so many liquid foundations and it is mostly the same.  It loves to find the wrinkles and it only takes a few minutes.  So 

putting on make up did not make me feel better.   Any suggestions for a foundation that does not do that would be great.   I have used Ester lauder, Lancôme. Tarte, bare minerals, Bobbi Brown stick, urban decay, Juvia, the cheaper stuff L'Oréal and revlon, Mac, Chanel lumier velvet, and IT.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Put on foundation for first time in over 3 months and

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

It found all the wrinkles I forgot I had.  I used the It cc cream in oil free and it floated to those lines and pointed them out.   I still have combination skin and I have tried so many liquid foundations and it is mostly the same.  It loves to find the wrinkles and it only takes a few minutes.  So 

putting on make up did not make me feel better.   Any suggestions for a foundation that does not do that would be great.   I have used Ester lauder, Lancôme. Tarte, bare minerals, Bobbi Brown stick, urban decay, Juvia, the cheaper stuff L'Oréal and revlon, Mac, Chanel lumier velvet, and IT.  

@chiclet   Sometimes it's not the foundation, but the preparation before applying it. When using your moisturizer, be sure it's emollient enough to plump up your skin. Don't just "slap it on", but rather massage it in. If skin sucks it up, another application may be necessary. It also be beneficial to try a foundation w/ lighter coverage and then use concealer only on areas where more coverage is needed.

Foundation that's applied all over the face can be aging. It makes our faces all one color and blanks out all planes on the face. No one has perfect, poreless, unlined & all one tone skin. Accept a lighter, more natural touch and the wrinkles may be less obvious.  A lighter coverage won't draw attention to them. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet -

I've never found a liquid foundation I could like either.

I do like cream to powder foundations because they are so much easier to control and end with a nice more natural and lighter finish depending on how much you apply.

I found different ones at the drugstore way back when. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@chiclet Recently I bought the ILIA Skin Tint and I love it! It says tint but gives a medium coverage. It’s like a serum and feels like NOTHING on my skin. Then I do what @Shanus  recommends and use concealer if I need to cover something. It’s a clean beauty item, and I’m so happy with it. I do use a moisturizer prior to applying it. I love it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet  I am 70 years old and finally found a foundation I really like.  It's new from Bobbi Brown and it is the liquid to powder foundation with a matte finish and  sweatproof.  It's for oily to normal skin.  I have normal skin but this agrees with me.  I can get up to a medium coverage too.  It dries quickly so be aware of that.  I use my fingers for more coverage and a sponge for a little less.  It's $40 but right now and it is the last day, you can get 25% off and free shpg. on Bobbi's website.  It's in a black tube.  It was really made for women with oily skin but normal skin can use it (that's me).  Plus they offer 3 different undertones and plenty of shades to choose from.  It can't hurt to try because you can always return it.  Good luck in whatever you choose.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@chiclet   Same as you. I am getting good results with Dior Airflash and also Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Blurring Powder Foundation. Use with Makeup Forever's matte loose powder. All I can say, is that these two work the best for my skin/wrinkles.

I also use a lot of skin products from The Ordinary.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I haven't been using it either since the mask thing. I have been trying some different things lately just out of curiousity and have been very discouraged as well!  I just purchased the L'oreal foundation and powder that is fairly new for mature skin.  I think it is called Age Perfect.  The line has foundation, powder, blush, lipsticks, mascara, and pencil liner.  I just purchased the foundation and powder yesterday so have not tried it yet, but hope it works!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

If I know I will be going out and wearing a mask, I won't be wearing any foundation that day. Being home, wearing very minimal makeup the past few months, has delighted my complexion! I like using the Biore strips on my nose and the last time I used one, just the other day, I got nothing on it! So my pores and rejoicing! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@chiclet 

I haven't been using it either since the mask thing. I have been trying some different things lately just out of curiousity and have been very discouraged as well!  I just purchased the L'oreal foundation and powder that is fairly new for mature skin.  I think it is called Age Perfect.  The line has foundation, powder, blush, lipsticks, mascara, and pencil liner.  I just purchased the foundation and powder yesterday so have not tried it yet, but hope it works!  

Please post a review after you tried them and what kind of skin you have...oily, dry, etc.  thanks

Respected Contributor

@chiclet  I know silicone primers are not popular on this thread but it does help with those lines before applying foundation. It sounds like you like your skin better without foundation. You could try a tinted moisturizer that has a natural finish. I use to use a Neutrogena tinted moisturizer. It just lightly evens out skin tone. I have not worn any foundation for months & actually feel I don't need it because I don't have much of a uneven skin tone. When I wear BE original foundation I just use a light application & sprayed my face with a rose water & it looked natural. Misting the face with any powder foundation takes away the powder look too & also works for the warmer weather.  Hope you find what works for you.