Super Contributor

Re: Problem with IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation compact??

It happened to me with the first compact, I scrape it with a mascara brush that I saved and washed.

Since then, I bought others and never had the problem again. The product does seem a bit different, a lot more powdery than my first one. 

I am also more careful now, I wait after applying skincare as I usually use an oil. I wait for it to absorb.

This is also the reason that I stopped buying Chanel blushes. Without fail they all glazed over, more than the Celebration foundation. I just looked  at the blushes and bam they glazed. Only the blushes from the tweed series didn't glaze on me.

Valued Contributor

RE the moisturizers and such causing this, I always put my philosphy moisturizer on around 630am and I do not put my makeup on until I get to work which is 730-745.  If that is not enough time to let it soak in, I can't really wait any long lest I scare small children with my bare face LOL.

Maybe I need to start using a primer? 

Thanks again to all that have replied.

Respected Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

IMG_1389.JPG

Here is a picture of the defective compact.  You can see the bit around the IT logo is rock solid and a different consistency than the edges.  The softer looking area on the edge will deliver color onto the brush.

Again, it is past the 30 days, because I often buy a spare before I run out.  This should be the last straw and I should find a different brand but I really love it!

I think you should call QVC and explain this.  If it is defective, they should send a replacement at no charge.