Super Contributor

Has anyone tried MAC studio waterweight foundation?

I've been using BB cream but lately want more coverage, MACs new foundation seems to get good reviews. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what your thoughts are? I've had good luck with MAC foundations in the past and particularly like the color range they often offer for fair skin, I'm tempted to try their line again. Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried MAC studio waterweight foundation?

I tried it and liked it but I wouldn't be able to use it in the winter.  It accentuated my dry spots.  It really does not feel heavy on the skin and has a very natural look.

Regular Contributor

I have combination in winter, and more oily in summer, skin. The coverage was beautiful (flawless) BUT it made me break out like crazy.  Smiley Sad Even with primer it broke me out. 

Regular Contributor

@Fredee wrote:

I have combination in winter, and more oily in summer, skin. The coverage was beautiful (flawless) BUT it made me break out like crazy.  Smiley Sad Even with primer it broke me out. 

Thanks for the heads up because I was hoping the lightweight formula would be good for my acne prone skin. I will have to double check the ingredients before trying it. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies, sounds like it's worth at least trying it out. Hopefully I can get a sample soon

Spoiler

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Smashbox product (BB Water). I had read online that it was the exact same thing as Mac's but with less color choices. Since they are both Estee Lauder companies I thought it was completely believable that they are the exact same product in different packaging under different names. I'm a huge fan of BB creams in general and I use Mac's on a fairly consistent basis. I really like this foundation. I get good coverage and it looks great. The only reason I went with the Smashbox label is because it was cheaper. I think when it runs out I'll pay more at the Mac counter because they have a much wider color range to pick from and I could probably get an exact match.

Edited to add that I don't think SB was cheaper after all. Should have gone with Mac!