Valued Contributor

Problem with IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation compact??

[ Edited ]

I am a big IT fan.  I especially love the celebration foundation, and since I first tried it a couple years ago, it is all I use.  However, I have now had two defective compacts.  It's like the powder won't come up out of the compact.  As if it is either way way too compressed, or the powder itself has something wrong with it because it is solid as a rock and will not come onto the brush.

My first compact I bought was perfect. Used it all up, first time I have EVER done that with any makeup product I think!!  Second one had the problem I described above from the moment I opened it and I thought I had a fluke.  Too late to return so I just chucked it and I like the foundation so much I bought another.  Third compact just fine, I took that to work to keep there and bought another one to keep at home.  This one I have at home is now having the same problem as the second!!

I clean my brushes regularly.  Also another compact I have going at the exact same time that I keep at work is perfectly fine so it is not 'user error' LOL.

anyone else have this problem?? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation compact??

IMG_1389.JPG

Here is a picture of the defective compact.  You can see the bit around the IT logo is rock solid and a different consistency than the edges.  The softer looking area on the edge will deliver color onto the brush.

Again, it is past the 30 days, because I often buy a spare before I run out.  This should be the last straw and I should find a different brand but I really love it!

Honored Contributor

Yes, it develops a  film or something and you can't pick up any product without scraping off the top layer. I don't think it is defective, just not a very good product. Some people like to blame your skincare for causing this (oils, serum, moisturizer, etc) but I've used the same skincare with other compact powders and never had this issue with any other brand. In fact, I have been using Laura Geller's baked elements foundation for a few months now and it has never developed a film or became difficult to get product out.
I thought by now she fixed this problem but I guess not. Or the QC isn't consistent and some batches are worse than others.
Sorry, I know it is frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I have had that happen and I continue to use the product "around" the affected area.  I believe it's due to moisture (of some sort) getting on it.  At least I think that's what happened to mine.  I even took a fingernail and scraped the top of the area off and let it flake into the trash can. It wasn't the same as it was new, but I was able to get more of the product on my brush and use it up.  You just have to be very careful of anything getting on the pressed powder while you're using it..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Thanks @HappyDaze.  I agree, if it were due to my face lotion or something else on ME, then every celebration foundation compact would develop the same problem... but no. 

I also have never had this happen with any other powder make up.

Honored Contributor

I should mention that I've had the exact same problem with other brands.... and do not think it is IT's problem at all....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

Thanks @HappyDaze.  I agree, if it were due to my face lotion or something else on ME, then every celebration foundation compact would develop the same problem... but no. 

I also have never had this happen with any other powder make up.

I find it disappointing she has never resolved this issue. I think it proves that it is a QC issues by the very fact that some of your compacts are fine, others are not.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply @Q4u.  My only thought is that I use all of my IT compacts the exact same way, same brush, etc.  and 2/4 have been perfect and 2/4 have not.  that is what is making me wonder if it is the product and not me...

oh well, I will probably end up buying it again anyway...  It really is the best foundation I have used, it is just now twice as expensive for me!

Respected Contributor

I use Laura's Baked Elements and have never had a problem like this.
Honored Contributor

@Tantallum...it's called glazing & there are several ways to fix it.  I have found this should be done after every use and it will have a long life afterwards.

Glazing is caused by our moisturizer getting onto our brushes then transferred onto the foundation.

1) Using scotch tape lay the sticky side down directly onto the glazed portion of your Celbration Foundation and rub gently then lift off tape ( like you do to neatly remove price on a gift). The glazing sticks to the tape and reveals fresh new foundation. You'll need several strips to get it all, but gosh it works; OR

2) Use and eyebrow brush (like on the opposite end of the eyebrow pencil) and GENTLY scrape until all the glazed foundation is removed. Blow off excess to reveal fresh new foundation.

I prefer #1 because it the cleaner of the 2 methods.  Your Celebration Foundation will be saved!!!'

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.