Super Contributor

Re: Problem with IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation compact??

Did you purchase all of the compacts from QVC or directly from the IT website?Have you contacted IT cosmetics?

I have used Benefits B-o-i-n-g concealer for a few years and love it. I have purchased it from either HSN, Ulta, or Sephora. The last 2 I have purchased have been 'gritty'. Even though I purchased the last 2 from Ulta, I contacted Benefit Cosmetics directly and they had me send the defective product to them and they sent me a replacement (which is perfect with no bumps). They wanted to see the product and get the production numbers from the package so maybe they could trace the problem.

I am wondering if you contact IT cosmetics directly if they might do the same thing for you? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Tantallum...it's called glazing & there are several ways to fix it.  I have found this should be done after every use and it will have a long life afterwards.

Glazing is caused by our moisturizer getting onto our brushes then transferred onto the foundation.

1) Using scotch tape lay the sticky side down directly onto the glazed portion of your Celbration Foundation and rub gently then lift off tape ( like you do to neatly remove price on a gift). The glazing sticks to the tape and reveals fresh new foundation. You'll need several strips to get it all, but gosh it works; OR

2) Use and eyebrow brush (like on the opposite end of the eyebrow pencil) and GENTLY scrape until all the glazed foundation is removed. Blow off excess to reveal fresh new foundation.

I prefer #1 because it the cleaner of the 2 methods.  Your Celebration Foundation will be saved!!!'

Thank you @SurferWife, I will definitely try this

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Tantallum...it's called glazing & there are several ways to fix it.  I have found this should be done after every use and it will have a long life afterwards.

Glazing is caused by our moisturizer getting onto our brushes then transferred onto the foundation.

1) Using scotch tape lay the sticky side down directly onto the glazed portion of your Celbration Foundation and rub gently then lift off tape ( like you do to neatly remove price on a gift). The glazing sticks to the tape and reveals fresh new foundation. You'll need several strips to get it all, but gosh it works; OR

2) Use and eyebrow brush (like on the opposite end of the eyebrow pencil) and GENTLY scrape until all the glazed foundation is removed. Blow off excess to reveal fresh new foundation.

I prefer #1 because it the cleaner of the 2 methods.  Your Celebration Foundation will be saved!!!'

I don't understand all this work for a product though, especially since OP hasn't had the issue with every compact. They need to FIX it, not make people jump through hoops in order to use it.

I really wish that people wouldn't blame it on moisture or anything else but the product. If it were just a moisturizer issue and you store and use the product in the exact same way every time and yet some compacts do this and some don't and other brands NEVER do this, then it is an issue with that particular product, whether it be a quality control issue or how they manufacture the product.

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum...when I was having this problem, this is the advice I got directly from IT's customer service. I works like a charm! 👍👍

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Email that picture and include a description of the problem to iT Cosmetics directly. I had some problems with a set of brushes I had ordered from QVC. I emailed them a picture and a description of the problem. No questions asked and they replaced them with a new set. They didn't want the old brushes back. Customer Service said to keep them for back-ups. They were so nice and even sent some samples of some of their other products. You can get their contact email address at their website......scroll to the bottom of their page and click onto contact us or email address. contact: info@itcosmetics.com
Honored Contributor

this is one of my go-to foundations and i have not had this problem at all. i use an IT brush to apply either dry OR sometimes i use my brush, dampen it a bit, dip into the powder, and then apply the celebration foundation (it gives you a bit  more coverage if you do it this way). i make sure not to use it in just one area, but swipe the brush all over the compact. if you do use the "dampen method" make sure to leave the compact open for a little while to dry.

i used to have that problem when i was using laura geller balance/brighten and her baked products. i stopped using them because i noticed a lot of product was then unusable.

on a side note......i am LOVING the new IT foundation from the TSV..... the cushion delivery system is so easy to use and a light dip of the brush into the cushion three times covers my entire face, without being too heavy. a perfect spring/summer look. i started using it last week. it really feels like you have nothing on!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this is one of my go-to foundations and i have not had this problem at all. i use an IT brush to apply either dry OR sometimes i use my brush, dampen it a bit, dip into the powder, and then apply the celebration foundation (it gives you a bit  more coverage if you do it this way). i make sure not to use it in just one area, but swipe the brush all over the compact. if you do use the "dampen method" make sure to leave the compact open for a little while to dry.

i used to have that problem when i was using laura geller balance/brighten and her baked products. i stopped using them because i noticed a lot of product was then unusable.

on a side note......i am LOVING the new IT foundation from the TSV..... the cushion delivery system is so easy to use and a light dip of the brush into the cushion three times covers my entire face, without being too heavy. a perfect spring/summer look. i started using it last week. it really feels like you have nothing on!

Did you order the same color as you use in the compact? I want to try it but wasn't sure on what color to order. I use tan in the liquid and compact foundations.
Honored Contributor

@Save the Whales wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Did you order the same color as you use in the compact? I want to try it but wasn't sure on what color to order. I use tan in the liquid and compact foundations.

@Naturesbeauty

i also use tan in the celebration foundation and ordered the tan in the cushion compact. it looks a bit dark when you open it, but the color is perfect when applied. if you want it more for a lighter coverage then just dip lightly into the cushion. i like to put a few big dots of it on my face and then swirl/buff it in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

I am a big IT fan.  I especially love the celebration foundation, and since I first tried it a couple years ago, it is all I use.  However, I have now had two defective compacts.  It's like the powder won't come up out of the compact.  As if it is either way way too compressed, or the powder itself has something wrong with it because it is solid as a rock and will not come onto the brush.

My first compact I bought was perfect. Used it all up, first time I have EVER done that with any makeup product I think!!  Second one had the problem I described above from the moment I opened it and I thought I had a fluke.  Too late to return so I just chucked it and I like the foundation so much I bought another.  Third compact just fine, I took that to work to keep there and bought another one to keep at home.  This one I have at home is now having the same problem as the second!!

I clean my brushes regularly.  Also another compact I have going at the exact same time that I keep at work is perfectly fine so it is not 'user error' LOL.

anyone else have this problem?? 

Easy fix.  Take clear packing tape and press it on the compact.  Rub lightly with your finger and remove.  Voila!  Your compact is perfect.  The oils from your brush, etc. cause a film barrier to form.  Nothing wrong with the compact.  I find it happens more often if I use a sponge versus the brush only.  Hope this helps.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one that looks just like that too. Straight out the box found the problem using it for the first time.