Frequent Contributor

Principal Secret Botanical Line?

Has anyone tried this yet? If so, is it anything at all like her original line (which was the best in my opinion!)

New Contributor

Re: Principal Secret Botanical Line?

I loved the original line with the pink lids.

The botanical line, after a week of use, stung terribly and made my skin itchy. It caused a wide red band (about an inch in width) on my neck and redness on my cheekbones that were painful and took about 10 days to go away.

That was about 4 months ago, and to this day my skin itches and stings when I perspire or if I go, oh maybe, 12 hours without washing my face.

Obviously, my skin has not fully recovered.

BTW, I am 62, post menopausal, hmmm, what else...and very fair skinned. It actually has been a bit traumatic.

Oh, also, the day and night creams leave the skin sticky feeling. Neither of my sisters wanted my leftover products because of the stickiness. I don't wear makeup so I don't know how the stickiness would impact your makeup application.

Super Contributor

I have used the REclaim line with some of the original line for about 10 years! I was so excited to try the botanical line, but had a similar experience to the other poster. rash, very bad. I sent it back. 

sticking to the Reclaim.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also a Principal Secret fan and love her Original line and have been disappointed to see a few of the products from this line discontinued, due to her Reclaim line being promoted and now her Botanical line.

I have incorporated a few of the Reclaim products into my skincare routine and am pleased with them.

As far as her Botanical line, I did give a few of the products a try, one being the facial cleanser, and I found it to be drying to my skin, so I stay away from any products in this line.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Regular Contributor

My experience with the Botanical line was similar sensitivity as noted by others.  I'm happy with the regular Reclaim but last winter I was having some trouble with the items I needed being out of stock.  I tried the TULA discovery kit and it reminds me a lot of the original Principal Secret products.  Ratings are good for this line, too.

Trusted Contributor

Loved the original line and the advanced one but the Botanical was brutal on my skin and hated the earthy scent.Really irritated my skin. I have a feeling it was a flop as I never see it on TV anymore.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
New Contributor

Update on my VP Botanical nightmare: washing with Cetaphil and toning with witch hazel has cured me!

Occasional Contributor

I am also  a user of principal secret and have had no problems w/the botanical line; however, I am thinking of changing over to boots #7 as the principal line's shippping costs are very high; does anyone have an opinion on boots skin care line?  tks.

I'm another who longs for the original Principal Secret with the pink-ish tops. I miss them so much!

Respected Contributor

I too loved the ORIGINAL line, and was not a fan of the Reclaim line.  Is anything from the Original line even available?