Valued Contributor

Old-fashioned cake eyeliner?

Does anyone still make this? You know, the kind that comes in a solid "cake" and you put it on with a moistened brush?

I was thinking that this was always the best option for me, and I'd love to find it again, so if anyone's seen any lately, please let me know!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien

Re: Old-fashioned cake eyeliner?

Understand what you are looking for and I agree, the old-fashioned version was much better.  I last purchased cake eyeliner from Spa Cosmetics out of Hollywood, CA. They no longer make the old-fashioned cake eyeliner. I found the following company that still makes and have inserted the link below. I think the old-fashioned eyeliner is definitely longer lasting and you have more control when applying; varying lines by simply using a thinner or thicker brush. This product below sells for $25. Though this seems expensive it's actually very economical. I purchased two cake liners like this about 10 years ago. Just finishing up the last one and through a websearch to seek out where to find this product again, I came across your post. I don't think you can find a less expensive option. 

Best wishes. 

https://besamecosmetics.com/products/black-cake-mascara

Valued Contributor

La Femme cosmetics has this and it is fairly cheap. If you google,  you can find some places online that sell this line.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sharlee  Search on Amazon for cake eyeliner, you will see they have many.

Valued Contributor

@sharlee

Hi the organic line RMS Beauty recently came out  vintage cake liner . I have not tried it but you can purchase it at sites like Credo , Detox market and integrity botanicals 

Respected Contributor

I'm with you, I always liked the cake eyeliner!

Laura Mercier makes it - $25, but it does last a long time.

Trusted Contributor

Sure hope @sharlee found something by now since her OP was 6 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

Sure hope @sharlee found something by now since her OP was 6 years ago.

Good catch, @Suebdoo. And get a load of the post that resurrected this thread. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thread probably came up during a Google search on cake eyeliner. Happens to me when researching products. I don't tend to go in and comment on the threads though.

Now the person who did the search...who knows whether they just love oldschool cosmetics, or Besame cosmetics (actually they are so cool--gorgeous retro packaging-- just not the right colors for me), or whether they may have some sort of vested interest (aka paid to post about brands in forums, which is a real gig you can get on Fiverr and other places.) Who knows?

ETA: I looked, and Besame doesn't even make a cake eyeliner, just mascara. So the resurrecting post doesn't even help.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

LOL, I usually don't fall for this, but the day and month were correct!!  Irritating....