Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals.  Use just a little.  So many people think they need to load up the brush.  If you can go to a Bare Minerals store, not Ulta or Sephora.  They are the best to help you learn to use just a little for light coverage. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix Lancome Dual Finish is all I've been using for over 20 years now.  I put it on with a brush too.  The search is over once you give it a try.  The best!

My S-I-L worked awhile for Pur and I received samples.  Very good product.  My all time favorite "mineral powder" is Colorscience.  They used to have many shades but now seem to only have a few colors with high SPF. Sold mostly in Dermatologist's offices.  Pricey but worth it. Too bad, great product. 

Valued Contributor

During the summer I use powder foundation.  My current faves are Wander Beauty and Jane Iredale.

Respected Contributor

@Himi loverJane Iredale is the best powder foundation that I have ever used and have used it for years.

Respected Contributor

I am 66 with oily skin and just started using the Wander powder.  It does look very natural and not powdery and cakey.  I just wish it had a sunscreen. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet, I just caved and ordered it this morning....everybody seems to have so many good things to say about it....if it doesn't work as foundation, then I will have a nice powder providing extra coverage!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am surprised that mature women can wear powder foundation.  I tried mineral powder -- NO WAY and Josie's powder foundation -- OMG.  Nothing wrong with the products that I can think of but for younger skin.  I see that many of you ladies are fond of Laura Geller.  I would have to go to ULTA to see if I could wear it.  Cat Happy

Laura G B&B First of all powder contains TALC! Huge no no. Second sparkles another Huge no no.! Finally! Not fragrance free.

@Sweet_Serenity I have checked my Balance & Brighten under many types of light over the years...and there have never been any sparkles in it--in the compact or on my face. Talc, I just don't worry about...it's never caused me any problems. Last, B & B may or may not be fragrance-free, but in all the compacts I've ever used, there's never been any smell whatsoever. Now...all this is my opinion of a product that works very well for me, and has for a number of years. Your mileage may vary.

Honored Contributor

Re: Powder Foundation Recs?

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am surprised that mature women can wear powder foundation.  I tried mineral powder -- NO WAY and Josie's powder foundation -- OMG.  Nothing wrong with the products that I can think of but for younger skin.  I see that many of you ladies are fond of Laura Geller.  I would have to go to ULTA to see if I could wear it.  Cat Happy

Laura G B&B First of all powder contains TALC! Huge no no. Second sparkles another Huge no no.! Finally! Not fragrance free.

@Sweet_Serenity I have checked my Balance & Brighten under many types of light over the years...and there have never been any sparkles in it--in the compact or on my face. Talc, I just don't worry about...it's never caused me any problems. Last, B & B may or may not be fragrance-free, but in all the compacts I've ever used, there's never been any smell whatsoever. Now...all this is my opinion of a product that works very well for me, and has for a number of years. Your mileage may vary. 

B&B purchased couple years ago indeed had glitter. Not to mention muddy and turned orange. Luckily! Returned. Enjoy your B&B thankfully as with most things in life there are more options to choose. Love Wanderlust Powder! Reordered more. Never want to be without. Seems that I'm in good company.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I used to use LG's B&B foundation. I liked it but didn't love it enough to stay with it. I never, ever saw any sparkles whatsoever, even in sunlight. As for talc, there is nothing wrong with it in cosmetics, unless of course you believe that it doesn't look good. I happen to think that finely-milled talc in eyeshadows and powders make for an excellent product.

ITA. 

B&B works for me and IT Celebration foundation (regular) is even better.  Neither have a bit of sparkle.  I also don't have a problem with talc.