Valued Contributor

More about the Ordinary skincare line

I have been using some of the Ordinary skincare for several months now, and have been very happy with what I have used. I am using the Buffet, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Hylaronic acid, and caffeine serum. I am in need of refills and wanted to add an exfoliator to the mix-I forget the actual name but it is AHA combined with BHA.( My older dry skin is pretty tough-I have been on Retin A 0.25 for several years). I am wondering if this new serum will be too strong for me at first. Anyone used it for exfoliation? Also they have a new Vit. C that is out that has none of the grittiness that people reported with the first one.  I think this new one is pretty strong. Again, I have used the Timeless Vit. C 20% for a long time, but do want to give this one a try and am wondering if the two are comparable.  Anyone know? 

Respected Contributor

Re: More about the Ordinary skincare line

I bought a lot of their skin care-I have had it for a couple of weeks, but other than Hylamide and two Primers, I haven't used it because I have so much of it....

What I plan on doing is going through my collection and going through all of their information on each product. I will be taking notes for when to apply and nothing if it's suggested you apply product A before B: that's going to be the hard part!

I want to start the 1% retinol, but one poster who said she had been using a prescription for years said it was serious stuff: she was happy with the results....knowing that, I would be a little anxious over the Vitamin C!

At any rate, if I am still unsure after reading, I will reach out to them and I have a feeling they will happily help!

So far, have you encountered anything that you mix with moisturizer?

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I'm almost ashamed to admit but I have 3/4 of their products. I love them and I guess what made me buy so much is it's inexpensive and you get free shipping with  $35 orders. I will warn you about the 1% retinol. I don't have sensitive skin but I only use it about  2 a week max or I will peel excessively. And just a small amount. have the 2% Retinoid which I can use every day that I don't use the 1% retinol with no problems. I like the line and I have been using it about 3 months. That hardest part is getting a routine together for your products that work well together and the AM & PM ones. I have both vitamin c products- the vitamin c suspension 23%  is gritty and don'y war it every morning. It does tingle when you apply it. A lot of people don't like it. The Ascorbyl Glucoside is a serum and does not tingle when I apply it. Good luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

At any rate, if I am still unsure after reading, I will reach out to them and I have a feeling they will happily help!

So far, have you encountered anything that you mix with moisturizer?

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  I mix the Azelaic acid suspension with moisturizer.  It's too strong otherwise.  It works really well when I mix it with my face cream though.

Beautylish has been very helpful answering my questions.  Their customer service is great.  Have not used The Ordinary's customer service.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org