Regular Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol special

[ Edited ]

Have never tried this but it makes me wonder if the 1oz bottle for $65 formula is the same as 6 oz for $129?  How do they do this??

http://www.qvc.com/AD-SH520-Peter-Thomas-Roth-MS-Retinol-PM6.7oz.-Auto-Delivery.product.A284886.html...

Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Retinol special

Great special!  This is a fantastic product.  It helps with my neck lines where I can't use Retin A.  I don't have irritation with this product on my neck.

I don't think he'd make lesser of a product.  It's saving a lot on not having a lot of pricey bottles.

I don't need this, but I'm kind of considering caving.  He stated you could use this on your arms, and I kind of like that idea!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I absolutely adore this product.  And this looks like a fantastic value.  But, I wonder if the ingredients will hold up over time.  Do you think they will lose their potency?  Or will they be okay for a full year in this packaging?

Honored Contributor

@imagemd wrote:

Have never tried this but it makes me wonder if the 1oz bottle for $65 formula is the same as 6 oz for $129?  How do they do this??

http://www.qvc.com/AD-SH520-Peter-Thomas-Roth-MS-Retinol-PM6.7oz.-Auto-Delivery.product.A284886.html...

The markup on beauty and skincare products is enormous, so they have a huge buffer they can play with and still profit. Vendors also know that QVC can sell more product in 5 minutes than a store can in a much longer period, so it's a very quick turnaround for them. 

Valued Contributor

I read positive reviews all over the 'net, but I didn't want to spend $129 plus to try it. Ended up getting a smaller version for $34 at Amazon. Yes, it's much less product, but it seems to last buyers a long time. The difference in $$ made me choose this option.

Honored Contributor

Not making any judgements here, but just an FYI.

Peter Thomas Roth products ARE tested on animals, in case that matters to anyone considering this product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I have barely made a dent in the bottle I received in the TSV (and I think that is 2oz?) then I can't fathom buying a 6.7oz bottle. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Peter Thomas Roth products ARE tested on animals, in case that matters to anyone considering this product.

How do you find out who tests on animals.  I don't trust the Internet,

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@GSPgirl  I find your question confusing.  The Internet is the best way to do research and gather information these days.  If you don't trust it, then neither I or anyone else can help you.  If you intended to say something different than how it came across, I would advise you to research cosmetic and skincare companies.  Supporters of cruelty free products maintain lists of "friendly" and "unfriendly" companies.  They really aren't that hard to find.  You can also send individual questions to the companies you're interested in checking out or look on the "FAQ's" page of their websites.  If a company doesn't test, they'll be sure to state that clearly.  If a company does, they may do a little word dance or avoid the topic altogether.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You're smart not to believe everything that you read on the Internet. It's full of misinformation, rumors, fear-mongering, and outright lies couched as fact. Always double-check what you read.

Having said that, when it comes to indisputable information, it's a lifesaver. No one can successfully lie about whether they test on animals. You just have to be savvy, though, about the nuances involved in this issue; e.g., a company doesn't test, but their parent company does. Many are okay with that; others, not so much. Read the fine print and never be sky about shooting the company an e-mail to verify their terms.

There are several sites online that can help you if you google this issue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland