Valued Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice TSV date changed

[ Edited ]

I'm excited we are getting any PC TSV, honestly would buy it no matter the configuration. Excited QVC is giving us another skin care to choose from versus the same ole same ole. Definitely purchasing and hope Paula gets  more TSVs in future. 

Frequent Contributor

Never used Paula's Choice before but I'm interested in trying it out and this TSV looks a great price.  Just wondering though if I should be using BHA or AHA exfoliaters?  I have drier skin and I'm over 50 so issues are age related - wrinkles etc.  Or do you use both?

Valued Contributor

I'm gonna pass. I use the BHA 1% lotion. I tried the 1% liquid and it was too harsh. I tried the 2% lotion and it was also too harsh. The BHA 2% liquid would probably eat my face off. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ElsieKitten wrote:

Never used Paula's Choice before but I'm interested in trying it out and this TSV looks a great price.  Just wondering though if I should be using BHA or AHA exfoliaters?  I have drier skin and I'm over 50 so issues are age related - wrinkles etc.  Or do you use both?

You can use both for wrinkles. BHA is really good for cleaning out pores as well. So if you have clogged pores it helps clean them out. AHAs are excellent for sundamged skin. Both work for aging skin. Paulas choice has a lot of good articles & videos on their page to help explain the difference. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@segrl21 wrote:

@ElsieKitten wrote:

You can use both for wrinkles. BHA is really good for cleaning out pores as well. So if you have clogged pores it helps clean them out. AHAs are excellent for sundamged skin. Both work for aging skin. Paulas choice has a lot of good articles & videos on their page to help explain the difference. 

I'd add that BHA is better for those with more sensitive even if you have dry skin because it is more gentle than AHAs. I don't have oily skin or clogged pore issues but I use BHAs instead of AHAs for helping to prevent wrinkles because AHAs are just to harsh for my skin. So please keep that in mind if you have more sensitive skin or issues like rosacea.

Trusted Contributor

Sigh. Dimitri is coming this weekend. I can't change skincare now, I need some of his "non-negotiables".

Guess I will just watch. I have three bottles of Manuela's (Isomers) retinol too, and I know hers does not tweak out my skin.

I honestly had no idea Paula even had a line. I knew she had a blog and I read chatter about her, but did not know she sold anything. Sounds like she has been around for a long time?

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Rachb wrote:
I think they just overproduced the 2% BHA and have a surplus of it. And once the auto delivery orders are placed, they'll adjust production going forward

I don't think that is the case.  I think it's one of her top-selling products so many would be interested in this TSV due to that.  Mine certainly won't last me 12 months.  I'm sure I"ll go through a bottle in 3 months or less.

--------

I currently have two backup bottles purchased from various sales. I think I go through it faster than some because I apply it using a cotton makeup round. I  realize that I lose product that way versus using my fingers but I like the way it goes on. I don't use either of the other products so am not considering the TSV.