Respected Contributor

Solved! PLEASE IGNORE this message.

[ Edited ]

I ordered the 7-piece Michael Marcus skincare kit, which I'd been eyeing for months.  I knew I'd get it when the price was right.  (#309-778)

I bought a ton of skincare, including some Isomers, so I opened all the boxes and placed everything in my cosmetics closet yesterday.

This morning, when I opened the Michael Marcus Restore cream it had a demarcation in it, as if someone had dipped their finger in the cream.  1/2 the SAFETY SEAL was not attached to the jar.  In other words, the safety seal was "on" the jar, but not fully glued to the jar.  In the past, I've returned creams when they've looked like this, but I'm inclined not to do so this time because I was told sometimes in shipping, jars of cream "settle" like this. Besides, I've thrown away the boxes. 

I'm kind of annoyed tho' because safety seals are NOT easy to rip off.  I'm sure someone must've pulled it off.  Why would anyone put their finger in a cream?  That is so stupid.  Annyoing!!

What do you think?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Has this ever happened to You?

Call C.S.

Respected Contributor

Already did.

They're not opened yet.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Resolved.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How was it resolved?  To your satisfaction?  I am curious for future reference, if you don't mind sharing.

@RinaRina

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Solved! PLEASE IGNORE this message.

How was it resolved? 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who asked ....

The 7-piece set was $60.  (For simplicity's sake, I've rounded up the $ amounts.)

$60/7 = $8.50 per piece, plus they credited my shipping. 

Edit:
BTW, I also wrote MM CS and suggested they seal their jars.  Isomers does it and so dos Dimitri.  Franky, I'm not too enthusiastic about putting stuff on my face from a unsealed jar.

The lip balm was broken .. and unsealed.  Another reason to seal all beauty items.  

IMHO, in this day and age, ALL cosmetic companies should do this.

Super Contributor

@RinaRina, I'm sorry you had a problem with your order. I totally agree with you about products being sealed. I have returned products that weren't sealed that I felt uncomfortable about using. As you said,  "as if someone had dipped their finger in the cream.  1/2 the SAFETY SEAL was not attached to the jar".  

That could have been the result of shipping, but it does make you wonder. Even if the product is not sitting on a shelf where anyone could open and try, there are still opportunities for any product to be compromised. Hope you like your products. I have wondered about, but never tried this line.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luv2drive wrote:

Hope you like your products. I have wondered about, but never tried this line.

========================

I LOVE the products.  I'd been eyeing them for months and knew what I wanted -- skin like Michael Marcus!  LOL!  Have you ever seen his presentations?  His skin looks amazing and mine did too when I got up this morning.  Here's what I used ...(From the 7-pice set)

1- Jojoba Exfoliator

2- Erase serum

3- Realeyes Eye Cream

4- Reduce Hyaluronic "line serum"

5-Restore Cream 

My skin looked amazing.  At first, I was gonna dump the Restore cream, but took a cosmetic spatula and disposed of the part that had cratered.  I'm so glad I didn't throw it away.

I highly recommend the 7-piece set.  I'm very happy with how my skin looked in the morning. (I usually look like I've been runover by a truck when I get up in the mornings).  My skin was just glowing! AND .. best of all, no bags, puffy eyes or dark circles!!   The eye cream can be used on the UPPER lid and doesn't run or sting.  Given that I have "hooded" lids, this capability was very important to me. I'm very happy w/ the results and understand why the kit got 5-star reviews.  

No regrets!

BTW, I also got the Enzyme Peel Duo and Pumpkin/Papya Masque, but haven't tried them yet.

;>)

Super Contributor

@RinaRina, thanks for the review of this kit. I have watched his presentations and he does have great skin.

I have been on a buying freeze and you so make me want to get some products from this line. LOL  I think I will go check out the line and see what they have in stock. It couldn't hurt to look, right?  Smiley LOL

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15