Honored Contributor

Re: Pantone Color Of The Year 2019

Finally, one of my favorites is chosen.  Well, maybe not this "exact" shade, but close.

I have a coral bedroom.  Have loved it for the past 30 years.  You'd be amazed how flattering the light becomes when it reflects off coral-colored walls.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover - The Pantone Color of the Year is actually called Living Coral

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Finally, one of my favorites is chosen.  Well, maybe not this "exact" shade, but close.

I have a coral bedroom.  Have loved it for the past 30 years.  You'd be amazed how flattering the light becomes when it reflects off coral-colored walls.

I have some bed sheets in coral and the color reflects onto my skin so beautifully...makes me look youthful.Woman Happy

The color coral evokes feelings of happiness, optimism and energy. @GingerPeach

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I have some bed sheets in coral and the color reflects onto my skin so beautifully...makes me look youthful.Woman Happy

The color coral evokes feelings of happiness, optimism and energy. @GingerPeach

So true, @SilleeMee  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I like coral, I would try a top or a scarf in that color.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

It's a pretty color, but I can't wear any shade of coral in cosmetics and I wouldn't look good wearing it either.

@lmt  Unless I missed another post up to this point, we may be the only ones not appreciating the choice of coral. It never matters to me what Pantone decides is the IN color. I always choose colors in clothing and makeup that flatter my skin tone and style. Pantone color choices are fleeting, a trend. I’ve never done trends....well, except my white GO GO Boots in the 50’s? 60’s?

Respected Contributor

Well how about that.  I just received today a new Denim & Co top in evergreen with coral and taupe print.  Goes really well together.  A346280.  Did know I was ordering the color of the year.  I got a head start.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Well how about that.  I just received today a new Denim & Co top in evergreen with coral and taupe print.  Goes really well together.  A346280.  Did know I was ordering the color of the year.  I got a head start.

Oh I like the top! @KathyM23  Love those colors together. Very nice.

a346280.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks, I love evergreen and when I ordered wasn't sure about it with coral, but it works - maybe that is why it is the Pantone color - it will work with so many other colors.  I can see in my future this spring ordering alot of items with this color and mixed with prints in different colors.  Can be very interesting this coming spring, summer and fall with the coral color seeing how it is combined.

Regular Contributor

I agree with you- I think it would be a beautiful accent color, but not as a basic allover decorating scheme.