Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pantone Color Of The Year 2019

The coral color is nice but nothing special. Pantone is quite clever at using their color of the year as a marketing tool as it gets everyone talking about it. I can just imagine that Sephora has already planned and manufactured makeup with the Pantone color of the year that gets released in early spring 2019.

If you want to read about how Pantone picks the color of the year, an article on the Fashion Law website sheds some light on this:

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/the-business-of-being-pantone

The Business of Being Pantone: Turning Color Into Money

Honored Contributor

I like that that color...makes your skin look good

Respected Contributor

I dislike that color, or any colors even close. I don't own clothing in that color, nothing in my house is that color. AND it will remain this way. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'll have to sit this one out.  I'm cool.

Occasional Contributor

I look like death warmed over in coral.  One of my absolute LEAST favorite colors!

Trusted Contributor

Love!
Trusted Contributor

I like coral, it's such a cheerful color.  I have 2 coral sweaters and I get compliments everytime I wear them.  I like coral in home decor as well, not floor to ceiling coral, but in accents, pillows or a single chair.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Coral. Just heard this on the news. I don't put much stock in the Pantone colors but just thought I would post in case anyone is interested.

@cuddlesmama

The idea of a “color of the year” is just silly but I check it out, too. I’m pretty sure that Pantone is stealing the 2019 color from me - I think I mentioned in a few threads that peachy orangey was my color of 2018 - I kept falling in love with clothes with those shades in them 

Honored Contributor

Love this color too! and remember that there are other colors of coral, within that range that will be popular too. I try to find one thing in the color of the year to wear--just a fun thing, I think. I have some lovely blushes and eye shadows in that color that look great on me-----I can even get away with coral lip stuff too-----if I owned a beach house, coral would be a prominent decor option too!