Honored Contributor

PSA: LIPSTICK THAT STAYS ON W/ MASKS

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Chanel lipstick that has 2 ends: one has a "stain" (many shades available) and the other a gloss w/ brush instead of doe foot. The stain was a little drying, but after waiting a few minutes, there was no lipstick on the inside of mask and when I removed the mask, I had color on my lips. The price at $30 was more than I usually spend on lipsticks.....but the price of beauty. LOL.

It's called Ultrawear Liquid Lip Colour. I purchased two shades: #48 Soft Rose and #112 Chic Rosewood. 

Honored Contributor

Re: PSA: LIPSTICK THAT STAYS ON W/ MASKS

All Chanel lip products are outstanding and worth every dollar.

I'm glad you enjoy yours

Honored Contributor

At the risk of being accused of being very plebeian, I'll suggest anyone wanting a long-lasting, non-drying, non-transferable lipstick, try Fran Wilson's Mood Matchers from Amazon for $10. or less. It's not a fancy name like Chanel but it certainly does the job and you don't have to think about your lipstick all day. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

At the risk of being accused of being very plebeian, I'll suggest anyone wanting a long-lasting, non-drying, non-transferable lipstick, try Fran Wilson's Mood Matchers from Amazon for $10. or less. It's not a fancy name like Chanel but it certainly does the job and you don't have to think about your lipstick all day. 

Kachina624:  I have been wearing these for so many years.  If I want a more saturated color, I add my regular lipstick on top so no matter what I eat or drink there is always color on my lips.  These are the best!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am a lipstick eater so finding one that lasts is always a challenge.  I have finally met my match with the Maybelline SuperStay. I goes on like a gloss and then has the staying power of ink.  Seriously.  I can layer color on top, but under masks in particular, it does not budge.  Not expensive but my fave.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , that Chanel lipstick/gloss is all I wear now, unless I'm just staying home and then it's just a sheer formula or gloss.I found them last fall.  I have several colors now!  I have the Intense Rosewood (a little darker and good for winter), a pale lavender (looks pinky nude on me), a lighter rosewood (more berry than the intense) and a bright red (because I may yet get to Paris to wear it!).  Worth every penny!

The Chanel website had a 'try on' feature if you're using a devise with a camera that can show you what the colors wll look like on you.  It really helps in choosing colors in this age of 'no swatching'.  

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@Shanus , that Chanel lipstick/gloss is all I wear now, unless I'm just staying home and then it's just a sheer formula or gloss.I found them last fall.  I have several colors now!  I have the Intense Rosewood (a little darker and good for winter), a pale lavender (looks pinky nude on me), a lighter rosewood (more berry than the intense) and a bright red (because I may yet get to Paris to wear it!).  Worth every penny!

The Chanel website had a 'try on' feature if you're using a devise with a camera that can show you what the colors wll look like on you.  It really helps in choosing colors in this age of 'no swatching'.  

@Sammijo10   Most stores now have all testers available. Of course, you still need to swipe it on your hand or arm, but would have never tried it on lips anyway. 

Honored Contributor

My mask is on and off two days a week, sometimes more. My lip color of choice is Lipsense. I've been wearing it now for a few years. It's different, but it does NOT come off - unless you eat something with butter or oil. My mask is fine and the color stays on.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If you like the "mood matcher" type lipsticks you might like these from ELF. The Gotta Glow Lip Tints and the peach one one is especially nice.Affordable too.

Help! It Cosmetics Je Ne Se Quoi lips - Page 2 - Blogs & Forums

Regular Contributor

Let me suggest Rimmel Provocalips. It lasts forever. I’m a red girl and “Kiss Me You Fool” is gorgeous. You can find it on Amazon and at Walgreens.