Trusted Contributor

Re: PSA: LIPSTICK THAT STAYS ON W/ MASKS

@Shanus , I live in NY, no swatches here yet, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

Are Cover Girl Outlast and L'Oreal Infallible still around?

Respected Contributor

Outlast and Infallible are still around. I didn’t find either to be great with a mask. Emily Noel suggested a Laura Geller lipoid that I think is fine with a mask.
Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@Shanus , that Chanel lipstick/gloss is all I wear now, unless I'm just staying home and then it's just a sheer formula or gloss.I found them last fall.  I have several colors now!  I have the Intense Rosewood (a little darker and good for winter), a pale lavender (looks pinky nude on me), a lighter rosewood (more berry than the intense) and a bright red (because I may yet get to Paris to wear it!).  Worth every penny!

The Chanel website had a 'try on' feature if you're using a devise with a camera that can show you what the colors wll look like on you.  It really helps in choosing colors in this age of 'no swatching'.  

I know! I came upon it the other day and it startled me! I was like, WHAT? How'd they do that? One thing for sure, I looked awful in the color I chose. If I ever go there again I will fix my hair first.

Honored Contributor

@grzbela wrote:

I am a lipstick eater so finding one that lasts is always a challenge.  I have finally met my match with the Maybelline SuperStay. I goes on like a gloss and then has the staying power of ink.  Seriously.  I can layer color on top, but under masks in particular, it does not budge.  Not expensive but my fave.  

@grzbela I use the Maybelline SuperStay Ink Crayon and love those.  They are very long lasting.  I'll have to give the ink a try next.   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for the tip.  I ordered orange which stays on well.  Now I've ordered the brown and the Gold 24.

I usually like lipsticks with yellow undertones and I'm glad I found these.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I purchased a Chanel lipstick that has 2 ends: one has a "stain" (many shades available) and the other a gloss w/ brush instead of doe foot. The stain was a little drying, but after waiting a few minutes, there was no lipstick on the inside of mask and when I removed the mask, I had color on my lips. The price at $30 was more than I usually spend on lipsticks.....but the price of beauty. LOL.

It's called Ultrawear Liquid Lip Colour. I purchased two shades: #48 Soft Rose and #112 Chic Rosewood. 

Did you use only the stain and it didn't get on your mask?  Or, was that WITH the gloss?

Seems like it would smear with the gloss.  (That's why I'm asking).  Thanks  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Any lipstick I used that is suppose to stay on dries my lips; however, as much as you pay for Chanel, I would expect it to perform.  Chanel always had the BeSt lipstick shades.  I wore one called "Midnight" faithfully in my mid 20's.  I was a orange/red shade and brought out the green in my gray eyes.

kindness is strength