Contributor

Has anyone ordered skincare from them  I was just looking on the site and some say new, are they?  I used to work at a hair supply co. A lot of products got damaged by getter stuck on the rolls that took products to shipping,but they were all still good just packing was messed up ,but couldn't sell them,I'm wondering if this is the case ,cause one said jars were scratched up any opinions? Sorry was so long hopefully I explain what I ment . 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered from e-bay

[ Edited ]

There are good sellers on ebay.

Look for "Top Rated" sellers. Check the sellers customer reviews & ratings. 

Check that the products are fresh, new & sealed. Look for the words "guaranteed authentic (fill in the brand name)".

Some sellers include expiration dates. 

Many ebay sellers buy top-name brands in kits, & then sell the items individually. 

Just take your time, & read the auctions carefully. 

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Look at sellers reviews; especially on skincare I would read the reviews and wouldn't buy unless they were at least 99%.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered "NEW" hair products from EBay.  They were absolutely perfect.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

A lot of ppl buy kits from the Q when they're TSV. Most of those products aren't sealed. If you know that the item you want was recently a TSV, you may order from that seller if their ratings and feedback is high. That's the only way I'd order an unsealed item.

Good luck, I buy a lot from ebay and have seldom been burned. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A seller can be highly rated and sell authentic merchandise, but unless the skin care product has an expiration date on the packaging (most don't), you will never know how old it is.

Certainly once you receive it, you can contact the company and give them the batch code. But by then, it's too late. Even if the seller does returns, it's a hassle and you would most likely have to pay return shipping.

There are many items that I would buy on eBay, but skin care and makeup are not on that list.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Just want to present the "other side"...   Ebay (and Amazon) are both known for having diverted or fake products. To put it simply, diverted product means the seller isn't an authorized retailer of the product. The actual product might be fine, or it might be old product, or product that is in old packaging. There are also products on both sites that are diluted or otherwise modified, or even outright fake.  

So, yeah, you need to read reviews, as well as the ad itself, carefully. Pay attention to "why" a negative review was given and whether it pertains to you. Pay attention to the amount of product being sold. Look for vendors that have been around for a while and have good reviews, preferably for the product you are looking for. 

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

A seller can be highly rated and sell authentic merchandise, but unless the skin care product has an expiration date on the packaging (most don't), you will never know how old it is.

Certainly once you receive it, you can contact the company and give them the batch code. But by then, it's too late. Even if the seller does returns, it's a hassle and you would most likely have to pay return shipping.

There are many items that I would buy on eBay, but skin care and makeup are not on that list.

@suzyQ3 I ask the seller for any codes on the items before I buy.  If they don't answer I don't buy.  You also should look at the other items for sale, I've seen many items that will say tester or slightly swatched.  Pass.

@juperier yep fakes galore...you have to use your head.  It's shipping from China.  Fake.  High end makeup that retails for $50 and they are selling for $20.....Fake.

You have to read the feedback, especially negatives. 

I've had really great luck with eBay for buying and selling off extras.

Respected Contributor

I sell skincare products on eBay.

I only sell new, unused, fresh products. Before I became a seller I bought many beauty products and I never had a problem. 

Buy with confidence. Just look at the seller's feedback and score. Most sellers like myself will not risk getting negative feedback to just sell a bad product. I pride myself on being a highly rated reliable eBay seller. 

~Live with Intention~
Regular Contributor

All the time! Read the feedback. I've had excellent experiences Smiley Happy