Esteemed Contributor

Today I decided to use a sample packet of Cotz sunscreen over my moisturizer.  It felt like a primer, so I decided to skip primer, let the sunscreen set and put my foundation over it.

It didn't look too good.

I thought, "well, I guess since this doesn't look great, I might as well go ahead and put on some of this undereye concealer I'm not sure about."

Then I looked at it and thought, "well, that looks like nothing at all.  Maybe that undereye setting powder I always forget I have will help."

I opted to use the brightest shade of cream blush I have.  Who knew it would go on so bright?  LoL

So I got out the green neutralizing powder to see if I could tone it down.

I set the whole look with a powder I rarely use and some setting spray.

Then I went to the eye look.  I have two green eyeshadow pencils I'm not sure about keeping.  I chose one and applied it.

I never realized how the right shade of green can so effectively bring out the red in your eyes.

So I decided to bust out the liquid liner to draw a black line between the green and my allergy-riddled eyeballs.

I never wear liquid liner, but I did today, and I'm glad I had the little Elf liner on hand.  It did help my eyes look better.

What an adventure!!  Not only did I have a few laughs when I was putting my makeup on, but I also realized there are a few items in my collection that may need to go.

Do you ever have days where you mess around with items that have fallen out of use?  I highly recommend it.  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup Experimentation Day

@mistriTsquirrel  LOL well at least you tried and now know what not to use!

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel  LOL well at least you tried and now know what not to use!

@JudyL  Yeah, but I'm always trying to "MacGyver" things to make them useable, so I'll probably use each thing 5 different ways before it ever finds its way to the trash can. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The Urban Decay Woodstock eye pencil makes my eyes look bloodshot, but used as a lip liner works well.

Today I used some of the Lancôme Mauve Cherie before I went out. Hadn’t used it in a while. It worked well with my coloring. I need to go through some of my palettes to see which are not good shades.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The Urban Decay Woodstock eye pencil makes my eyes look bloodshot, but used as a lip liner works well.

Today I used some of the Lancôme Mauve Cherie before I went out. Hadn’t used it in a while. It worked well with my coloring. I need to go through some of my palettes to see which are not good shades.

@JustJazzmom

Sometimes I scrape an individual shade out of a palette just to ensure that I will not wind up forgetting how bad it looks on me and using it again.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Very amusing, @mistriTsquirrel! In answer to your Q, yes! Only when I fool around with things, I usually do it at night knowing full well I'm about to wash everything off!

Recently I tried on a foundation. I never wear foundation! And now I know why. My skin just does not need it! But I thought I was missing something, so I wanted to see what that might be. What I missed was my normally beautiful skin.

It was a foundation from the Q (for its ingredients), and you all know where that foundation is now! Back at the Q!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel

I've come to the conclusion that every day I wear makeup is experimentation.

Go bold

Maybe just a fancy word for cr@pshoot?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Your post made me laugh.  lol   Along the same lines...I've finally learned my lesson to only buy makeup products where they can be returned easily (Ulta and most discount stores allow returns of opened/used makeup) and to use the products on days I'm not going anywhere so I can figure out if they will work for me or not.  After I know which products/colors will work, then I can order from the Q and elsewhere with no worries that it won't be the right color or that I won't like how it performs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Very amusing, @mistriTsquirrel! In answer to your Q, yes! Only when I fool around with things, I usually do it at night knowing full well I'm about to wash everything off!

Recently I tried on a foundation. I never wear foundation! And now I know why. My skin just does not need it! But I thought I was missing something, so I wanted to see what that might be. What I missed was my normally beautiful skin.

It was a foundation from the Q (for its ingredients), and you all know where that foundation is now! Back at the Q!

@Harpa  I envy your lack of a need for foundation.  I feel like I need it most days. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

I've come to the conclusion that every day I wear makeup is experimentation.

Go bold

Maybe just a fancy word for cr@pshoot?

@just bee  Not a bad look.  A little heavy on the rouge perhaps.  Smiley Very Happy