New Contributor
I have been wondering why I never see the owner of tatcha anymore. I Google who is the owner and it says Unilever bought out tatcha for 500 million. Wow that sucks. I guess true owners don't stay. I remember when she was soooooo passionate about it???? I guess money wins out over everything 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥
New Contributor

Respected Contributor

I could see me getting passionate about five-hundred million dollars.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Yeah, about as believable as that phoney story about selling her engagement ring.  I saw right through that one.  Couldn't stand to watch her.

Esteemed Contributor

Like all the other brands that were sold Tatcha will now go down the drain!!! 😔

Respected Contributor

How exciting that all her hard work paid off & the article I read stated she's staying with Tatcha & looks forward to growing the business...I wish her all the best.

Respected Contributor

They already changed the beautiful packaging and I get why, because of going green; but the packaging was awesome and also was nice to repurpose. I still have a wonderful box from an old set I bought. This time the items were carelessly thrown in the Q's shipping box. I still love Tatcha... so far. The same thing happened with Jamie Kern Lima, founder of IT Cosmetics, and Christina Carlino of Philosophy. They sold their companies to L'Oréal and Coty.  I guess if you're offered a dump load of money you cash out. I heard Philosophy's fragrances really changed...for the worse.  I never bought Philosophy before the change, so I don't know first hand, but I believe the many customers who complain. I don't think IT has changed, the items I've purchased seems the same, but who knows?

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of them have a "gimmick" to increase sales. I do like Tatcha's rice powder cleanser. But as far as the Geisha and the book- I don't doubt her story, but I met a Geisha in Kyoto (in a ladies' room) when I taught in Japan. We were both refreshing our makeup, and she was using Estée Lauder!  

I also think some of these companies who buy out successful brands keep the original owner as a spokesperson for a contracted period of time, even though the original owner we saw many times might not have anything to do with the development of products any longer. Bobbi Brown is an example.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Well, so much for Cruelty Free anymore!    No more Tactcha for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Good for her to build a business.  Of course she was all about sales, which is OK too.  Times change.