Contributor

I wonder if they will keep the same formulas.  Its sad when a company gets bought out, and the formulas are changed or watered down.

(Many customers on this site complained when Philosophy was bought out, saying the formulas changed.)

Valued Contributor

I have mixed feelings about brands selling to bigger companies. We as consumers get hooked on a brand and in the end we pay a huge price for very very small gains. I mean when tatcha sold to unilever wouldnt you think that they would lower quality in order to fulfill quantity. I assume its gonna be sold on a larger scale so in order to fulfill a large demand they would have to lower quality standards that consumers were used to. Which could mean lowering costs, using cheaper manufacturing companies and most likely using cheaper more accessible ingredients. Id rather pay a good price for a company thats small and authentic rather than a huge amount for a large brand. So people pay $80 for a cream which is actually worth $10 because everyone takes a chunk of it including qvc for selling it. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

I have mixed feelings about brands selling to bigger companies. We as consumers get hooked on a brand and in the end we pay a huge price for very very small gains. I mean when tatcha sold to unilever wouldnt you think that they would lower quality in order to fulfill quantity. I assume its gonna be sold on a larger scale so in order to fulfill a large demand they would have to lower quality standards that consumers were used to. Which could mean lowering costs, using cheaper manufacturing companies and most likely using cheaper more accessible ingredients. Id rather pay a good price for a company thats small and authentic rather than a huge amount for a large brand. So people pay $80 for a cream which is actually worth $10 because everyone takes a chunk of it including qvc for selling it. 

@mintedrose - ITA! When IT was sold I couldn't believe how fast they were bringing out new products! IMO quality trumps quantity every time. That's why I'm always interested in smaller privately owned companies.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The biggest change with a sold out company was Ojon.  I wonder if they are even if business anymore.  Estee Lauder bought and ruined them.