Honored Contributor

Not that this is my category, but...

I'm at a  point and want to see if anyone else feels this way too, but I want an easy hairdo but one that is attractive but so easy to care for.

Is anyone else in the same boat.  How are you going to wear it, or what change will you be making to your hairdo?

Honored Contributor

Re: Not that this is my category, but...

I've been searching for that all my life and have yet to find it. I'm starting to wonder if it exists for my bushy coarse hait so I just wear it in in a ponytail most days. I hope you find something that works for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I cut my own in a bob or modified wedge, maybe pixie in summer. I just blow it dry. I've colored it for years. 
 I'm glad I can do my own hair! 

Honored Contributor

My hair is all one length, straight and down just past my shoulders. It's long enough to pin it up or wear it in a top knot. I also like to wear hair pieces and incorporate them into a style, for instance I use a Toni Twist to make an up-do and it looks really nice that way. I also have a few other clip-in pieces that give me volume and style. I've had my hair this way for a long time. I think it just makes it easier for me to do different things with it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

I cut my own in a bob or modified wedge, maybe pixie in summer. I just blow it dry. I've colored it for years. 

That's just it, I've always done my own hair, except when I want a really good cut.  That's why I'm seeking a new way.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

In my case, I've alway had (as an adult) a short, straight cut.  Initially it was Dorothy Hamil, then a wedge-like cut or modified and then finally a short Bob.  All very easy to care for, especially if well cut.... and that's the key.  The last few cuts I've gotten this year have been far less than good, the last one even having a few layers and my hair just doesn't do layers and I never ask for them.

However, all through the years, this short, straight cut in various styles has worked very well for me, easy.  I have a medium T-3 brush and will blow dry it so it turns under very slightly.  Even with my hair thinning a bit on top, it's been easy to hide and sltyle.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

How do you get the back to be even? It's not easy if I'm holding a mirror in one hand and scissors in the other hand. I can pretty much get the undercutting straight. It doesn't have to be perfect. I have a slightly above shoulder-length bob. I've trimmed my hair twice since March. Looked okay to me. My hair stylist is going to have a fit when he sees it. Even he occasionally has to correct it sometimes when one side is a little longer than the other.

Honored Contributor

I find when my hair has a Brazilian aKeratin treatment it is easiest to handle, my hair was very short pre pandemic and I had a full head of extensions, this was mid March salons closed and I carefully took them out at the beginning of May, once salons re opened mid June I puts about 1/2 of the extensions back in wore them until about 2 weeks ago when I had them taken out in the salon, color and Brazilian keratin done, it is the only way I can handle my hair, other wise it looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket.

My hair is lovely now just a bit below my shoulders, I will most likely see how it works in the fall and decide if I do the treatment again 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I had an inverted bob for awhile that the only thing I did was wash it and brush it.  It's the kind where it is shorter in the back and longer in the front.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Imagine a Dorothy Hamil-ish w/ a smidgen of Pixie mixed in, cut in 6 layers and blown  upside down Smiley Happy  Choppy/uneven bangs.