Super Contributor
I used the gel that came with it and my skin started to burn. I'm not sure if it's because I use Retna A most evenings? My face turned red like a sunburn. Looking for advice. I did feel it tingle using the machine. Another question: does anyone do the neck area?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nuface users please help

firestrips,

There are video's on you tube for the nuface. Also video's on their site for neck. Always stay away from the center of the neck.

You could be having a reaction to the gel or the machine could be set to high but that should not make your skin burn but could turn it red. Retina A is strong stuff and that gel is kind of uckky, I never bought the gel again after the bottle emptied.

Regular Contributor

Hi there. I never used the serum because I read on lots of forums, that so many people had break outs and reactions to the serum. So as suggested, I have been using plain old walmart brand (or any brand) aloe vera since day 1 and it works great. And yes, I use it on my neck. I watched a you tube of a girl showing how to use on the neck. And thank goodness, because it has done wonders for my turkey gizzard thing hanging down on my neck. I have been using nuface daily since it was the October tsv and love it. But you have to commit and stick to it.

Hope that helps!

Super Contributor

Thanks. Can you tell me what video you watched for the neck area please. I can't find much on the neck area. How long did it take to see results?
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.mynuface.com/how-to/

Recommending you try some of the Isomers serums in place of your gel.

Super Contributor

Thanks
Contributor

It appears that they have changed the instruction video somewhat since I purchased mine about 2 yrs. ago. They did show it being used on the neck sliding it from the center of the neck back towards the ear. Now they do not show that process anymore - they just show holding it under the jawline. Not sure why the change.

Super Contributor

Now your not supposed to use it on the center of your neck? That's where I need it the most.
Super Contributor

Please, please, please be careful and use caution when using on the neck and temple areas. I have the FM and EGG and understand how tempting it is. Smiley Happy

There's some critically important stuff going on in the neck area, especially the Carotid and Thyroid areas that could potentially be effected. I'm really surprised that some of these machines (the FM does) don't come with warnings and specifics because electrical currents are being discharged.

Another area of concern is the Temporal artery, which, if you look at head and neck anatomy illustrations, show how that large artery runs from the carotid up into the temple area and brain. The brain thinks this is one important artery.

I watch TV while using mine and sometimes I'm more into a show and lose awareness of what part of my face I'm doing. One day my eyebrows will be lost up in my hairline somewhere, if I'm not careful.

They are wonderful and effective machines that I love, but they make me cringe, at times.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the warning. Can you use it close to the middle of the neck?