Contributor

My skin has never been beautiful but I lived with it. A few years ago I started getting these lesions that looked like pimples but either never opened or would bleed and have a core. I tried everything. I saw a well known dermatologist that actually cut a few out. She said "Oh don't worry about them."

I finally saw Doctor Obagi she is a cosmedic dermatologist. I used retna-A in the past from mexico but all I did was peel (even at the lowest dosage). She wrote a script for retna-A and said these lesions appear because of friction from clothes and makeup. Don't know if I beleive that....I think it was from severly clogged pores due to sweat. I have major hot flashes and exercise too (sweat lots).

Within the first week one of the lesions morphed in to a raised ?pimple that broke open when I scratched my face by mistake. It healed and all the others (they are mostly on the sides of my face and along the hairline) did the same or just disappeared. My skin looks amazing and very little flaking.

I have another app soon but I don't think she will need to use her "new machine". I got the idea this new machine was for acne. If you live in Pittsburgh I definitely recommend you see her she is very personable and knowledgeable.

Respected Contributor

Re: doctor obagi in pittsburgh

Hi! Another Pittsburgh beauty junkie here! Fortunately I have been using Retin A for almost 20 years without any issues. My DD works for a great derm in Cleveland and I do get products from her at cost. Where in Pgh is she located? I live near Greensburg.

Contributor

She is in Shadyside which is right outside of downtown Pittsburgh. The price for Retna-A generic was not bad. I have oily skin and bought her foaming facial jell for cleansing and it has helped the oil so much. I also bought her sunscreen which does not burn my eyes and leaves a matt finish instead of the oily finish from Neutrogena.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I'm confused. The Dr. Obagi I know is a male not female. Maybe one of his daughters? The Obagi NuDerm system is the best. In order to get the best results you must stick with it and do exactly as your derm says. And, if you can, after 18 weeks on NuDerm, get an Obagi Blue Peel. Oh, my. What a treat! You'll love your skin and want to keep it like that forever. And you can.

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 zinky said:

She is in Shadyside which is right outside of downtown Pittsburgh. The price for Retna-A generic was not bad. I have oily skin and bought her foaming facial jell for cleansing and it has helped the oil so much. I also bought her sunscreen which does not burn my eyes and leaves a matt finish instead of the oily finish from Neutrogena.

I am very familiar with Shadyside. I used to live there. Wish you much luck with your new regimen.

Respected Contributor

Without even looking, you are probably talking about Susan who is the daughter of the originally Dr. Obagi out of Beverly Hills. I met her when she was interning with a Dr. Bradenstein (spelling is wrong) in the 90s in Pittsburgh. There is a line of skin care that they also sell in conjunction with a Retin A prescription. The line is very pricey. Both dermatologists were extremely nice.