Super Contributor

Re: Nuface users please help

I've not used the device but I did see that in this month's Red book magazine, they suggested using Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum with it. Thought that was interesting, and perhaps might give you less side effects. Again, I can't speak to this actually working but wanted to pass it along. Good luck!
Super Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Clearsunshine said:

It appears that they have changed the instruction video somewhat since I purchased mine about 2 yrs. ago. They did show it being used on the neck sliding it from the center of the neck back towards the ear. Now they do not show that process anymore - they just show holding it under the jawline. Not sure why the change.

I wondered if the NuFace came with warnings about the neck area, missed your post and should have asked.

My FaceMaster did, but the SSC EGG, that I purchased a couple of years ago, did not. In fact, when CeCe is demonstrating it on HSN, she shows how to use it on the neck, which makes me cringe.

Super Contributor

Anyone have before and after pictures?
Super Contributor

Bump
Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 firestripes said: Anyone have before and after pictures?

Someone posted photos of their progress, here. I'm sorry, I can't remember who it was, but maybe you can find them doing a NuFace search. The search feature isn't really worth diddly-squat, but with fingers crossed, maybe you can find them.

I don't have any of my progress, but I can say with certainty that when I compare from now to then, I can see the difference.

It does work. 3 things you need to give it are time, consistency and some patience.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 magemay said:

It appears that they have changed the instruction video somewhat since I purchased mine about 2 yrs. ago. They did show it being used on the neck sliding it from the center of the neck back towards the ear. Now they do not show that process anymore - they just show holding it under the jawline. Not sure why the change.

I wondered if the NuFace came with warnings about the neck area, missed your post and should have asked.

My FaceMaster did, but the SSC EGG, that I purchased a couple of years ago, did not. In fact, when CeCe is demonstrating it on HSN, she shows how to use it on the neck, which makes me cringe.

I'm not sure if there's a caution -- I don't pay attention to that because I had my thyroid removed years ago, but on the YouTube Advanced videos they show using it on the neck. Not right in the middle where the Thyroid and Parathyroids are, but pretty darn close. It would probably be wise to just not directly "microcurrent" the glands.

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/9/2015 magemay said:

I'm not sure if there's a caution -- I don't pay attention to that because I had my thyroid removed years ago, but on the YouTube Advanced videos they show using it on the neck. Not right in the middle where the Thyroid and Parathyroids are, but pretty darn close. It would probably be wise to just not directly "microcurrent" the glands.

Maren, don't even make me post those neck anatomy illustrations!

Occasional Contributor

On 1/8/2015 firestripes said: Thanks for the warning. Can you use it close to the middle of the neck?

I wouldn't use it on the front of the neck. As someone else said you have to be very careful of the thyroid and carotid arteries.

I called the company before I bought mine as I have medical condition and wondered if I could use it and she said never use it on front of the neck as it could be harmful. Just use it on the face, not below the chin line.

There are some great neck creams out there if you have issues or you might want to research an ultrasound machine which I've read are safe for neck.

As far as the conductive gel is concerned, I use Lily of the Desert, Aloe Vera Gel. It's really cheap. I buy from Iherb, their prices are good.

Super Contributor

So not even the sides of neck?
Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 firestripes said: So not even the sides of neck?

I do understand your desires, firestripes, and the need to want to fix certain areas, really I do.

Please take a look at the illustration here:

http://universalhealthcarela.com/photo-of-anatomy-of-the-neck

It's the same one I posted previously. It's not a very attractive illustration, otherwise I would just post it, but it shows you exactly what is beneath the skin and the visual will provide you with all of the reasons not too.

Trust me, please. I actually know what I'm talking about.

I copied and pasted the link from my previous post. If you can't copy and paste this link into your browser, please go back to my previous post or Google as I suggested in that same post.