Regular Contributor

I've never tried Bare Minerals, but the foundation and the bisque concealer look intriguing to me.

I'm 58 with dry skin and fine lines and with a light skin tone. I'm looking for medium coverage with spot coverage with the bisque. Does this settle in the fine lines?

How does it do for those of you with drier skin?

Thank you!

Super Contributor

If I put a moisturizer under my bare minerals, it doesn't settle in the fine lines. I use the powder bare minerals in the warmer weather and the Bare Skin in the colder months. The coverage of both are very nice and lasts all day long.

Honored Contributor

Bare Minerals foundation and Bisque are sold at most big malls across the US, either in a Bare Minerals boutique, in an anchor store like Dillard's, JC Penny, or Macy's, or in a Sephora store. I would highly recommend going to one in your area and getting a color match, trying it out in the store, and getting a sample to take home. Once you know if you like it, which products you like, and which colors you need, you can always shop at QVC and take advantage of the great Bare Minerals TSV deals.

Here's a Bare Minerals Store Locator to help you out: http://www.bareescentuals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareEscentuals-Site/en_US/Landing-Show?cid=C...

Regular Contributor

Thank you BornAgain and ChynnaBlue! You are so helpful. I'll go and get samples and see how I like them. I didn't even think of doing this. Maybe I can sneak away from Easter preparations on Saturday and grab a couple.

It's nice to know that if you moisturize, it doesn't settle into the fine lines.

I can't wait to try it out!

Valued Contributor

GMA Jewele, I'd use a primer, too. There are several that BE sells that do a good job of making sure that you don't have settling. Definitely go to a boutique or a Sephora, get the right shade and samples, see how it works for you!

Frequent Contributor

The good thing about loose mineral BE is that you can play around with it. I have combo skin with an oily forehead {#emotions_dlg.mad} but today for some reason my skin felt dry. I mixed some bare minerals foundation into my moisturizer, in the palm of my hand and applied. The finish is so light & fresh looking. For additional coverage, I used the maximum coverage concealer brush & spot applied foundation (instead of bisque) to any blemish, scar or what ever needed it. I do use bisque too, but sometimes foundation works just as well.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the tips Catstamper and LovemyMakeup! Those are great. I'll grab a primer while I'm there. I didn't know you could mix the powder with moisturizer! What a great technique!