Esteemed Contributor

I have never trusted neck creams for the very reason that they contain tightening ingredients which I would think would cause pulling and tugging on the skin which definitely wouldn't be beneficial.

Anything that says "tightening" I stay far away from! 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neck Cream Question

[ Edited ]

@patticakes I experienced firming on my neck using, after cleansing with clarisonic, Dr. Denese Advanced Firming Facial Pads (I think other glycolic acid pads would be the same), and SriVectin cream.  I was religious about it, twice a day.  Sorry, the price points are high.  The cream does not pull and tug at the skin.  It just took away early sagging.  Texture was also improved.

Trusted Contributor

I've tried a bunch but only liked a few. Of those I like, Adrien Arpel makes one that moisturizes well, makes my neck and chest feel and look tighter. It's her Argan Oil one. She also makes a firming serum that I think, again, for the price....is terrific.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I always apply my facial serums on my neck before moisturizer.  In the AM, I use Gold Bond Neck & Chest.  PM, I use Tweak’d All Purpose Cream.  Both work great for me .

Valued Contributor
Gold Bond Neck and Chest Cream is excellent!
Respected Contributor

Re: Neck Cream Question

[ Edited ]

Angie from Hot and Flashy on YouTube just posted a video yesterday talking about the products she DOESN'T use and neck cream was one, along with eye cream. She says that those are just gimmicks to make people pay for separate products. She said whatever moisturizer she uses on her face goes under her eyes and on her neck. She has tested many products and also involves her dad (who is a cosmetic chemist) so I trust her opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another big rave for Gold Bond Neck and Chest!!!!!!    Absolutely the best!!!   If I skip a few days, my 71-yr-old neck starts looking a little crepey.  As long as I use Gold Bond every day, my neck is smooth as silk.  I buy Gold Bond at my supermarket for about $10.  

I use the Gold Bond every morning.  At night, I bring my Retinol cream down on my neck. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I also bring my Vit.C serums, Retin A, and SPF and whatever I use on my face goes on my neck and chest.

@Shanus    could you mention again which Retin A you use and where you buy it? I am going to be in the market to buy some soon. Thank you

@SeaMaiden   I use a prescription Retin A from my derm. I began about 30 years ago with the lowest % & now use the 1.0 %. 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I have never trusted neck creams for the very reason that they contain tightening ingredients which I would think would cause pulling and tugging on the skin which definitely wouldn't be beneficial.

Anything that says "tightening" I stay far away from! 

@MyShadowLove   You'd be right about pulling if they actually did any tightening. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Another big rave for Gold Bond Neck and Chest!!!!!!    Absolutely the best!!!   If I skip a few days, my 71-yr-old neck starts looking a little crepey.  As long as I use Gold Bond every day, my neck is smooth as silk.  I buy Gold Bond at my supermarket for about $10.  

I use the Gold Bond every morning.  At night, I bring my Retinol cream down on my neck. 

@tototwo @SilleeMee  - Gold Bond is a top rated product and I've read so many good things about it.  I don't use anything on my neck right now, but I'd like to start using GB.