Honored Contributor

Re: Neck Cream Question

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I also bring my Vit.C serums, Retin A, and SPF and whatever I use on my face goes on my neck and chest.

@Shanus    could you mention again which Retin A you use and where you buy it? I am going to be in the market to buy some soon. Thank you

@SeaMaiden   I use a prescription Retin A from my derm. I began about 30 years ago with the lowest % & now use the 1.0 %. 

I buy my tretinoin from AllDayChemist. Rx not needed there and the cost is unbeatable. I pay a little over $7 per tube of the 0.05% cream.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@tototwo@SilleeMee  - Gold Bond is a top rated product and I've read so many good things about it.  I don't use anything on my neck right now, but I'd like to start using GB. 

@San Antonio Gal 

If nothing else, that GB neck cream is very moisturizing and it does help make my neck look smoother b/c of that. You can't beat the price...it's worth giving it a try and you won't break the bank.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I also bring my Vit.C serums, Retin A, and SPF and whatever I use on my face goes on my neck and chest.

@Shanus    could you mention again which Retin A you use and where you buy it? I am going to be in the market to buy some soon. Thank you

@SeaMaiden   I use a prescription Retin A from my derm. I began about 30 years ago with the lowest % & now use the 1.0 %. 

I buy my tretinoin from AllDayChemist. Rx not needed there and the cost is unbeatable. I pay a little over $7 per tube of the 0.5% cream.

@SilleeMee   I DO get a professional discount and therefore don't pay the full purchase price.

Honored Contributor

***Anyone thinking of beginning to use Retin A or Retinols on the neck, please be aware that this skin is thinner than the face and less natural oils. Go easy and slowly increase frequency with a the lowest percentage to avoid redness and irritation. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

***Anyone thinking of beginning to use Retin A or Retinols on the neck, please be aware that this skin is thinner than the face and less natural oils. Go easy and slowly increase frequency with a the lowest percentage to avoid redness and irritation. 

Another thing about the skin on the neck is that it doesn't have as many retinoid receptors in it compared to the ones found in the skin on the face. So when a retionoid product, such RA or retinol, is applied on the neck then that can be irritating for many people. Getting the retinoid benefits on the neck takes longer than it does for the face so people give it up too soon to tell.

Honored Contributor

I have Skinns neck armour---the huge vat that he sold on Shop hq-----and it does works---I have a decent neck at 66--no wrinkles or sagging or rings and it moisturizes very well--to use it up I put it one my legs too--it is a HUGE jar!!!!

Respected Contributor

I used to use a separate neck cream until I realized that my body butters work great as a neck cream. I use Skinn Pep 40 or Josie's Body Butter. No longer use a separate neck cream.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I started out with Retina micro in the highest strength about thirty years ago. I had a severe type of acne from a mistake a derm made in my 'lunchtime' peel. It was the summer and my skin was oily. It wiped out the acne aand all my old acne scars. I had very sensitive acne prone skin. I also changed from my heavy foundation to Bare Escentuals because I had no scars to hide.

All of a sudden I was getting compliments on my skin. At first I thought people were making fun of me because I had had bad skin all my life. Like the fat person who becomes thin and still feels fat.

I still use Retina micro (I couldn't tolerate the other ones}} but I was told I didn't need such a high strength for cosmetic purposes and went way down.

I'm seventy six and still have an oily t zone but have to use certain products because I acutely sensitive skin.

I get a scrip and use Good RX;it saves me about four hundred bucks (micro is the most expensive one.)

Maybe in my lower strength I could use it on my neck. I'll ask my derm at next visit.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I have never trusted neck creams for the very reason that they contain tightening ingredients which I would think would cause pulling and tugging on the skin which definitely wouldn't be beneficial.

Anything that says "tightening" I stay far away from! 

Uh-oh.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus:re: tightening  womanlol: Woman LOL