Honored Contributor

@kekes wrote:

You might try a nail product called Trind Nail Balsam.  You can buy at Amazon, EBay or they have their own sight.  Great product for peeling splitting or weak nails.

@kekes 

Second for Trind!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy    Stay away from the chemicals for a while.  Jojoba, almond, sunflower oils are excellent for nails because they are rich in Vitamin E.  Choose one of those oils and add the essential oil of lemon to help with splitting/peeling.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree with @LuvmyLab -- I've recommended Sally Hansen's Moisture Rehab on this forum several times before.  Someone pointed out to me that my peeling nails needed moisturizing, not strengthening.  It worked!  My nails are strong and growing again.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

The best thing I use for my nails is Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin, & Nails supplement. They grow longer than they ever have; all ten of them, & are stronger & don't split. I use either Nailtiques or Sally Hansen in the gold bottle.

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A couple of my nails split length-wise and I needed something to fill in the cracks. While I was filling my cart online at Walmart, I looked to see if I could find something for my nails and I found this. It wasn't expensive (less than $4) plus it has natural pink color which I also needed. So far I like it and I'll use it until my cracked nails grow out.

8-in-1_nude_manicure_package.jpg

Wannnt!  Where is this available?  A quick interwebz search didn't come up with anything.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A couple of my nails split length-wise and I needed something to fill in the cracks. While I was filling my cart online at Walmart, I looked to see if I could find something for my nails and I found this. It wasn't expensive (less than $4) plus it has natural pink color which I also needed. So far I like it and I'll use it until my cracked nails grow out.

@SilleeMee I love that this is *10 Free*.  I try to stay away from much of the chemicals as possible.  Been using Zoya for a few years, but don't constantly have polish on my nails.

@ScrapHappy  I think the best thing you can to to get your nails healthy is to stay away from everything--even the 10 Free products and let them *rest*.

And from this point on, I would only use the least harsh/chemical polishes out there.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Exactly. The cracks in my nails have almost grown out.  After that I'll be more aware of my problem and hopefully keep them from splitting again. I don't usually have a problem with nails cracking or splitting until recently. I have no idea why. 

Honored Contributor

@Nick and Nora wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wannnt!  Where is this available?  A quick interwebz search didn't come up with anything.  Thanks.

I see it at Walmart for 3.88, Amazon and Ebay 12.00 and on the Nail Aid site for 6.00.  I am interested in the clear 9 in 1, but I do like my Sally Hansen 7 in 1. Being 10 FREE is a huge plus. 

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Nick and Nora wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I see it at Walmart for 3.88, Amazon and Ebay 12.00 and on the Nail Aid site for 6.00.  I am interested in the clear 9 in 1, but I do like my Sally Hansen 7 in 1. Being 10 FREE is a huge plus. 

Thanks!  😊

Trusted Contributor

I use the Nail Aid Keratin 3 Day Growth.  I think it was under $4 at Walmart.  

I also use a collagen powder - Vital Proteins.  GNC carries it but now I see it on the Walmart site and Amazon.  I usually have 2 cups of coffee each morning and I put a scoop in each. 

I have to say it's also really helped my hair.  When I get a haircut, it looks like my hairdresser has just shorn a sheep!  I don't know if that's good or bad!

Vital Proteins grass fed collagen peptides, collagen powder |CP10RHAVC|