Regular Contributor

@Shanus I haven't looked here in a while, but I will answer your question.  My prescription was not from my doctor.  I'd gotten them through my union for years (no extra fee).  They normally did a good job.  I have an annual check up with an eye doctor for other reasons.  When I have that they test my eyes/glasses, but don't write prescriptions unless you pay an additionall feee.  The Warby Parker glasses were made according to the prescription, but he did not like the prescription.  The optiician who wrote it was worried about over-correcting.  My doctor did not think they corrected enough.  I've worn glasses since I was a kid and I just didn't like the fit or the feel of the eyeglasses.  They were okay, but just okay.

BTW, I paid the extra $$ and got my lastest prescription from the doctor.  My union doesn't have an eye center anymore, but even if they did, I learned my lesson.

Frequent Contributor

I wear progressives and bought a pair of glasses at Warby Parker. The progressive was not in the right place but they fixed it. That happened to a friend of mine with them too - they messed up her RX. She ended up getting a pair free so they made it right.  To be fair this happened to me with a pair of glasses from my optometrist too (they fixed it) I think the way it is measured by drawing a line at the line of sight - it is easy to get wrong. I have been very happy with my frames overall.

Regular Contributor

@Shanus I know this is late, I've been AWOL lately (long, long story)  but I don't know  what was wrong with the Warby Parker glasses.  I got the prescription from my union (job benefit). I'd used them for years, but this time the person made some funky changes.  When I had them checked by my doctor, (a year later for annual  eye check up) he didn't like the prescription and seemed luke-warm on Warby Parker.  

They did some measurements in the store and mailed me the glasses.  I never had a proper fitting.  

I don't really know, but I don't have $$$ to get new glasses & new sunglasses annuallly unless it is really necessary.  The doctor told me that I didn't need to change from the first post- Warby Parker pair, but when she showed me the difference, I willingly got them updated.  

Honored Contributor

@Maloyo wrote:

@Shanus I know this is late, I've been AWOL lately (long, long story)  but I don't know  what was wrong with the Warby Parker glasses.  I got the prescription from my union (job benefit). I'd used them for years, but this time the person made some funky changes.  When I had them checked by my doctor, (a year later for annual  eye check up) he didn't like the prescription and seemed luke-warm on Warby Parker.  

They did some measurements in the store and mailed me the glasses.  I never had a proper fitting.  

I don't really know, but I don't have $$$ to get new glasses & new sunglasses annuallly unless it is really necessary.  The doctor told me that I didn't need to change from the first post- Warby Parker pair, but when she showed me the difference, I willingly got them updated.  

@Maloyo It's funny you say this. A good number of years back, I went to the ophthalmologist and was given a prescription for glasses. I go to Cohen's Optical and have glasses made. I wore them a whole year, feeling like they weren't right for me ( I know I'm an idiot). So I go for my annual eye exam, I tell the doctor about not being comfortable with the glasses. He looks at them, tells me this isn't my correct prescription! He calls Cohen's to tell them of the mistake, the doctor even offered to pay for the new lenses. Cohen's fixed the problem at no charge to me, I never found out whose mistake it was.

Honored Contributor

@Maloyo @Jordan2  At my opthomologist, I only see him 10 min. (if that). The tech checks eyes for pressure, does the eye chart, the "machine" that flicks from #1 to #2 to #2 back to #1 until all lenses look the same!!! Don't think they're trained enough to judge. Many years ago my prescription was made wrong...the issue was that my progressive lenses were not measured correctly. The bottom reading portion was too high and when I looked straight ahead for distance it was blurry because still looking through magnified reading area. Definitely realized it within a few days and took them back. They did them over.