Honored Contributor

Looking forward to my hair appt. Saturday

[ Edited ]

I wear my hair in layers, short like a longer Pixie (I don't like super short).  My last haircut was in January.  What I noticed as my hair is growing out is it is much thinner (part of life & the aging process).  When it is shorter, it is thicker, not thick but more normal.  I can hardly wait to get this hair off my neck.  lol  How about you?  Get your hair cut yet?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking forward to my hair appt. Saturday

@Katcat1 

I will be getting my hair cut on Tuesday . Like you I wear a salt and pepper pixie . My girl friend is also my hairstylist and now does house calls . My hair was cut first week of February . I always had fine hair and the longer it is , it takes a lot of work for volume and waves  . I can't wait . Have a great weekend ! 

Esteemed Contributor

had my hair cut last week....i found wearing a mask was very suffocating.....haven't worn a mask very often during this pandemic...

Honored Contributor

I got my hair cut yesterday at Great Clips.  It was my first time there.  I usually go to Supercuts but they are not open here yet.  Procedure at Great Clips worked well.  Signed up online for an appointment.  Got to the place and had to wait a couple of minutes.  They had chairs outside.  3 operators inside all far apart with plexiglass partitions.  Everyone was masked.  Gave the operator a big tip.  I am one happy camper!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

had my hair cut last week....i found wearing a mask was very suffocating.....haven't worn a mask very often during this pandemic...

I agree.  Getting my hair cut yesterday took about 15 - 20 minutes.  That is by far the longest I've worn a mask and it was difficult but hopefully by the time of my next haircut the mask thing will be over--one can only hope!!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't had my hair cut at a salon in years.  I cut my own, but I'm trying to grow it out and it just does not seerm to grow.  We all need something to look forward to.  Happy for you!

Respected Contributor

I had my hair cut last Wednesday.   My hairdresser finished her home hair salon right before they closed all the salons in my state.   I was one of the first to be in her new shop.  She converted the great room in her home into a salon.  She will be the only stylist and is spacing her appointments so that one client will be finished long before another arrives and she is cleaning and sanitizing the room after each use.  

I admit I didn't wear a mask during the appointment.   If she had still been in the previous salon with other stylists I would have put on a mask.  

I've known this lady both professionally and personally for over 30 years and I trust her explicitly.   I do keep my hair short and I've always gone in every 4 weeks for a cut and foil.   After this last appointment I did ask her to book me out every 6 weeks instead of 4 just to keep my outside activities down a little bit.  

So far, our state isn't experiencing a great deal of increase in Covid-19 since our governor opened our state up to phase 2.   If we do show an increase, I will definitely wear a mask with my next appointment.   

I also had a pedicure and my nail salon is adhering to all of the rules. Appointments only, no walk-ins.   Only two clients in the shop at one time, everyone must wear a mask, and they are only doing the basic pedicure and manicure.  No fills, no gels, and no warm wax treatments.  I wasn't worried during the procedure.  

Honored Contributor

Today is the first day hair salons are open. You have to have an appointment. Since they have been closed over 3 months, I am sure they are busy.

I was going to make an appointment for next week. Then I noticed that I have tons of appointments for all the Doctor's visits and scans, I have missed in the past 3 months.  And of course they are miles away from one another.

Will have to work out the logistics, just to make an appointment.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just went to green today. I am getting my hair cut and colored next Wednesday. I must wait in the car until I am called in,  must have my temperature checked, must wear a mask, cannot use the bathroom while there, and can carry items either in my pocket or in a crossbody bag only.  I have not been there since February.  

Respected Contributor

I havent gone to a salon yet. I need to soon. But not yet!