Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I received a sample of two blushes; one is Rose and the other Peach.  I am always searching for the perfect shade of blush.  So I try the Rose and it is a definite NO.  Today I try the Peach and OMG!  It looks beautiful.  It actually cut down the lilttle redness I have on my cheeks from broken caps and lit up my face.  I am always thinking I need pink or rose blush because I am a fair/light neutral or pink (cannot use warm foundation).  So Beauties, if you want to cut down any redness on the cheeks, try Peach.  Share any tricks you may have.  Cat Very HappyHeart 

@Katcat1  I’m happy you found a blush solution. Peach tones are also used in undereye correctors to conceal redness. It does the trick. I am fair w/ cool undertones and wear NARS “O” in powder and/or stick depending on the season. It’s a peachy/pink shade that claims to flatter all complexions. Most makeup artists have it in their arsenal for that reason.

Honored Contributor

I'm fair with pink.  In fact I have natural pink blush in my cheeks without makeup.  And I feel like that is what I look best in. I only use a little. I have a peach shade I'll wear on occasion, but I always go back to the pink/rose tone.  It can't be vibrant.  Tarte Dazzled is my shade.

Honored Contributor

An inexexpensive way to achieve the lookis to purchase the many blush palettes coming out...drugstore brands to dept. store lines. They’ll always have peachy, pink, tawny, lighter, darker (can use as contour if too dark for blush)....BE makes a good one. 

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Katcat1   Funny, I recently read somewhere that if you're pink skinned you need more yellow toned (peach, coral) blush and if you have more yellow skin, you need pink, rose, raspberry blush.  So, the best blush for you is the opposite of your skin tone. That's the first time I had heard this.

Anyone with really neutral skin can wear them all. Lucky!

I definitely have more yellow undertones, so pinker blush looks much better on me.

@Harvard99  I need to step in and mention that many women misdiagnose their undertones. That’s why peachy/pink works for most. You can be fair, but sallow and need pinks, yellow undertones but need more “life” to your face, especially as we age...pinks work better. It’s really trial and error instead of typing undertones.

Honored Contributor

Another blush trick: Without wearing makeup, pinch the apple of your cheeks. Is it pink? Peach? Rosey? Is the color dark or light? That’s a good starting place.

Frequent Contributor

My problem is the same.....I guess I need the peach tone to give me some color .  I'm anxious to find the brand because I would like to give it a try....I also was interested in hearing that it also toned down the redness si I would appreciate hearing the name of the brand.

Super Contributor

I am down to the last of my NARS Orgasm.  I do like it, but it is pretty $.  I might have to bite the bullet and get another

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Yes great tip . I have redness in my skin . I also have dark brown hair with silver in it . Many times it is recommended for women with silver, salt & pepper to wear cool shades pinks,rose, plum etc.2 years ago I went to one of the beauty shops I purchased from Credo Beauty and they had makeup artist Kristen Arnett there. I had a makeover done and she put me in the color Nude Apricot by Hynt Beauty . She told me if you have redness in your skin ( I do from old acne marks etc) that pinks bring out your redness and make it more noticeable . It is so true and I do see a huge difference . Thanks so much Kat . Have a lovely weekend 

Honored Contributor

@BriskyThe brand is Laura Mercier.  I was upset when this new owner of LM changed the blush line but the Peach works for me.  I had to order it from their website because Nordstrom was out of it or did not carry it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Laura Mercier and the shade is Peach.

kindness is strength