Honored Contributor

I received a sample of two blushes; one is Rose and the other Peach.  I am always searching for the perfect shade of blush.  So I try the Rose and it is a definite NO.  Today I try the Peach and OMG!  It looks beautiful.  It actually cut down the lilttle redness I have on my cheeks from broken caps and lit up my face.  I am always thinking I need pink or rose blush because I am a fair/light neutral or pink (cannot use warm foundation).  So Beauties, if you want to cut down any redness on the cheeks, try Peach.  Share any tricks you may have.  Cat Very HappyHeart 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
KatCat1, what brand was it?
Trusted Contributor

Re: My trick about BLUSH.

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   Funny, I recently read somewhere that if you're pink skinned you need more yellow toned (peach, coral) blush and if you have more yellow skin, you need pink, rose, raspberry blush.  So, the best blush for you is the opposite of your skin tone. That's the first time I had heard this.

Anyone with really neutral skin can wear them all. Lucky!

I definitely have more yellow undertones, so pinker blush looks much better on me.

Honored Contributor

Interesting!  I have an olive complexion but with cool tones.  Warm colors look terrible on me and I wear mostly cool jewel colors.  However my blush is more of a peachy tone than a pink which looks better...it can be confusing!

Respected Contributor

Love this topic!! I have warm olive skintone and the roses and pinks defiantly look more natural on me.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes peachy shades really livens up your complexion.

I think I am one of those lucky ones who can wear rosey, pinks or peaches. I am not fair, but light-medium-neutral-cool. Not to cut any redness, but I use blush on the very light side, and use it more for shading & sculpting. My skin is very even-toned, which can look flat without some blush coloring.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I received a sample of two blushes; one is Rose and the other Peach.  I am always searching for the perfect shade of blush.  So I try the Rose and it is a definite NO.  Today I try the Peach and OMG!  It looks beautiful.  It actually cut down the lilttle redness I have on my cheeks from broken caps and lit up my face.  I am always thinking I need pink or rose blush because I am a fair/light neutral or pink (cannot use warm foundation).  So Beauties, if you want to cut down any redness on the cheeks, try Peach.  Share any tricks you may have.  Cat Very HappyHeart 

@Katcat1 

Awesome!   Yes, Could you please post what the brand and particular is that you found and like?  I am thinking this might work for me, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I do wear coral or peach shades in the warmer months. My skin is a light to medium cool tone. Actually I like many shades of blush. I do wear pinks and plums too but plum shades I save for the winter months. I have a coral blush coming Sulwahsoo that I got on sale this week. Hoping that I like it.

Honored Contributor

Re: My trick about BLUSH.

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1---my very fav ,in the whole world of blushes, is from Elizabeth Arden and it is called Peach Sorbet #7---have looked high  and low to find it too and did on Ebay. It is the most perfect color on me and I use it as a shadow too--just the best shade. I got it as part of a goodie bag from a class I took during my chemo days called Look Good, Feel Better---My complextion was so pale and that shade perked me up. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am fair cool pink.  I wear Glee by BE.  Leslie said years ago this is the color you turn when you blush.  In my case she's exactly right.  I guess you would call this a berry, in the pink family.  I look horrendous in coral blush or lipstick.  Peach I think is more of a blend in the two shades, that's why so many can wear it.