Valued Contributor

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Stick Foundation

I have never had much luck with stick foundations: They seem heavy, greasy and I can't get a good color match no matter how hard I try.  The YBF TS  got me thinking how much I would still like one in my arsenal. While in Target yesterday morning, I found Neutrogena's new one.

Hydro Boost is the.best.I.ever.tried.  Balmy, dewy, without being greasy, and feels like nothing on my skin. AND I found my perfect color match on the first try, which is something I can never do with drugstore makeup.

Loving the fact that it has Hyaluronic Acid in it, which my skin loves.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Stick Foundation

Thank you for the review.  Husband and I both like Neutrogena products.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care the Hydro Boost moisturizer, but I am currently using the Hydro Boost concealer which I really like.  I'm almost out of it though.  Not a fan of stick foundadtions at all though.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess , this is the new generation of stick foundations.  Nothing like the ones from the past.   I like them for their convenience, especially when traveling.

Honored Contributor

I like Neutrogena products so will give this a try.  Thanks @Sheilaray 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review.  I had very good luck with Maybelline Fit Me Stick foundation but I still liked my Tarte BB cream better.

But as you said, sticks are so much easier when traveling.  No need to take a big foundation brush.  I'll give this a try.  I wanted to try the concealer but the 2 stores I was in had none left.

Trusted Contributor

@Sheilaray : Thank you. I've tried those foundation sticks in the past and they seemed caked and didn’t spread easily. Looked awful.

Will have to check this one out. I would love to find something that looks great and easy to use. Always on the hunt

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

I have never had much luck with stick foundations: They seem heavy, greasy and I can't get a good color match no matter how hard I try.  The YBF TS  got me thinking how much I would still like one in my arsenal. While in Target yesterday morning, I found Neutrogena's new one.

Hydro Boost is the.best.I.ever.tried.  Balmy, dewy, without being greasy, and feels like nothing on my skin. AND I found my perfect color match on the first try, which is something I can never do with drugstore makeup.

Loving the fact that it has Hyaluronic Acid in it, which my skin loves.

@Sheilaray 

Thanks for your review.  I looked at this a few times so I think I will try it!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

How do you all apply stick foundation?

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

How do you all apply stick foundation?

@Texasmouse I have a Clinique Stick Foundation. I find it kind of heavy, so I apply it as a concealer.  I use the stick and draw lines under my eyes, in the spots that I have discoloration, and then blend it out with my fingers or a brush.