Occasional Contributor

Hi -- I am retired and don't tend to take as much time applying or wear as much make-up as I used to when I worked.  However I am thinking of making some changes. So, I'm curious as to what you all consider to be your minimum make-up routine/look and your go to products for creating that look.  Appreciate your taking the time to respond.  

Super Contributor
Here's my new everyday routine, as of about two weeks ago. It's a little more minimalist than it used to be. Moisturizer, Mac primer, bareminerals eye primer, Loreal Infallible pro glo foundation, It Cosmetics Bye Bye pores pressed powder, blush, Mac Blanc Type or Yogurt eyeshadow over the whole lid, brow pencil/gel, mascara, lipgloss.
Respected Contributor

eyebrow pencil- my brows look much better filled in

BB cream or full coverage foundation or a concealer mixed with moisturizer to even-out my very uneven skin.

Pretty pink or red lipgloss to give color

Frequent Contributor

Moisturizer, Clinique CC cream, light dusting of Clinique or It Cosmetic foundation powder, Clinique cheek pops or e.l.f. blush and mascara!

Honored Contributor

@VoxFugit

I use a sunscreen.

Then, it is 

Dermablend on eyelids up to brow and underneath

Clinique touch base lid

FaerieOrganic minerals for trouble spots (redness)

bronzer

lips: treatment of any sort for dryness

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hi VoxFugit:  I'm not retired, but am usually home in my jewelry/art studio. Do a minimum  beauty routine each morning so I can run out for groceries, etc. w/o stopping to do makeup first. I use an SPF w/ tinted moisturizer in it....Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm SPF on my face & Neutogena Dry Touch SPF (drugstore) on neck/chest. I put a little concealer under eyes or any other areas that need it since tinted moisturizer is sheer w/ light coverage. Then a quick swipe of brow shaper (BOBBI BROWN as well....mascara wand brow product that colors & holds brows). Next is 1 coat of L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara and lastly, BOBBI BROWN Pot Rouge in Pale Pink (I'm fair, but many other shades). It's a creamy product that comes in a pot to use on cheeks & I use that on lips as well.  That's minimum for me...7 PRODUCTS & NO BRUSHES. I can do it in 3-5 minutes. For me, the tinted moisturizer is the most important product I use, so I do BB because I want it to be a perfect match to my skin to look natural & it's 2 steps in one. If I pop on my sunglasses, I skip the brows/mascara to get out faster. Hope that helps!!! 

Respected Contributor

I, too, am retired - don't wear makeup at home of course.  If I go out, sometimes I like to look put together and put foundation, shadow, mascara and lipstick on, oh, and of course, eyebrows!  Sometimes I just put foundation, eyebrows and a little lipstick. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @hoosieroriginal - since I retired, I rarely wear makeup.   When I do, it's just primer, foundation, lipstick, and eyebrows - sometimes mascara and eyeliner when I really want to dress up.  It takes less than 10 minutes to apply "my face."  My complexion is uneven with red patches from slight rosacea and small sun spots here and there -- if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't wear foundation at all. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

A minimum makeup routine for me means less eye "work".  After the skincare is done, I'll use some kind of foundation (Skinn tinted moisturizer - either the Intelitint or BotaniLift, Physicians Formula BB cream, or Laura Geller Baked Elements powdered), blush (several options), a sweep of Skinn Candlelight highlighter on my lids and other key spots if I feel like it, curled lashes followed by either Laura Geller Fortifying Lashes or Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara, Skinn or Beekman Lip Balm or lip stick (several options).  

Valued Contributor

-Eyebrow powder or pencil (currently use powder but want to go back to pencil)

-Mascara

-BB Cream

-Tinted Lip Balm (Burts Bees is really nice)

Extras might be blush or eyeliner added if I feel like it. I rarely wear eyeshadow anymore.