Respected Contributor

My minimal makeup would be moisturizer/sunscreen followed by either CC Cream or a dusting of powder foundation. Nars The Multiple stick for blush with a touch on eyelids.

I am at the age where I need a brow product, for a minimal look I use a powder because it's easier for me to get it done quickly!

Curl lashes, again an age thing! Followed by lots of mascara.

Lipstick (with or without liner depending on the color!)

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Minimum for me if leaving the house is some kind of foundation (either Laura Geller Balance & Brighten or Mary Kay CC cream), a little Laura Geller Blush, brown eyeliner--Laura Geller again, always one of her powder ones, and a tinted lip balm.

I'm 61, and still working, so most days its a full face.

This way I don't frighten anyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Minimum Make-up Routine

[ Edited ]

Everyday and night I do my skincare routine. And if I go on errands or appts,, I use a BB/CC cream, a blush, line my lower lashes, deal with my purple inner corners of my eyes and ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS------do my brows. Lost all my hair to chemo a few years ago and without brows I looked awful. So no matter what, the brows are a  must. And if I go out socially, I do use mascara and fine tune everything else. And lipgloss too!!

Honored Contributor

I retired 6 year ago ... routine hasn't changed.  I was determined not to get lazy about my appearance and I'll be in and out every day - and since I live in NYC - I see people everytime I leave my apartment.  Want to look my best.  

This is the minumum and the maximum.  

Quick morning routine (daily) .. I exfoliate and wash my hair in tub ...

Brush teeth

Firming Cream and eye stuff 

Blow dry hair *

Foundation

Setting powder

blush / bronzer (I use both for contouring)

Eye Shadow (also use same on brows)

lipstick

*Style and spray hair - My hair is wavy so I like to let it relax after the blow-dry and before I style it.  

Quick night routine:  Wash my face and brush my teeth and brush my hair.  (takes less than 10 minutes)

Honored Contributor

I have gotten to the point where I hate to wear makeup. I now only appy it if I'm going some place or having company. It burns my eyes & makes them water more & always red. I feel much better not wearing it. If I was to do a minimum makeup routine it would be a tinted moisturizer with a tinted lip balm. That would be it for me. Nothing on my eyes. That way I can rub them any time I want.

Honored Contributor

My typical routine for makeup (not including skincare and sunscreen) is:

-Laura Geller's Baked elements foundation

-Mascara

-Eye primer

-lipgloss or balm

- may or may not wear some eyeshadow, depends on my mood

Sooo easy and quick out the door but looks really polished. In fact, I often apply the Baked elements foundation as I am driving since I don't need a mirror to apply it.

Respected Contributor

When I want something quick:

Powder Foundation

Bronzer for a little warming

concealor

2 eyeshadow colors. One for the lid another for the browbone,

eyeliner

out the door. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not retired but for ages now have been doing my "three minute makeup" daily,  and it's really no trouble.   If I was doing a glam evening, it would be about another 3 minutes.    You have to find what you can stick with.   

Honored Contributor

i have my own simple make up routine i do daily.

wash face, apply moisture cream (i let it dry -- about 2 minutes or so), then I apply my powder foundation. Put on my blush, apply my eye brightener cream. Am done for the day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Minimum Make-up Routine

[ Edited ]

I work lots....spend very little time on make-up.  It is important that I use cruelty-free.  After shower, I slather on Vit C on my skin.  I mix foundation with coconut moisture and apply to face.  I use the same taupe pencil for brows and eyeliner.  Apply Pacifica (no tears or smears) mascara (sometimes I skip pencil and mascara especially on weekends if at home). Done.  Might add a lip gloss.  Very natural looking and everything good for my skin and didn't harm any animals....win/win.  Takes a few minutes.