Honored Contributor

I prefer my 2 products to be separate & mix it myself. Some nights a little more or less of one or the other. Sometimes I only used the Retin A, so wouldn’t want it combined.

Frequent Contributor

A couple summers ago it looked like I had a full moustache and goatee where I had melasma.  I was not pregnant and not on birth control, so the hormone theory was out the window.

The most important thing you can do is wear SPF EVERY DAY.  Rain, fog, snow...doesn't matter wear SPF, the sun causes melasma to darken and it is tougher to get rid of.

I can't stress a great quality vitamin C serum enough.  You don't have to spend crazy amount of money, just make sure it is atleats 15%-20% vitamin C.  Make sure it is in a  dark bottle to block out the sun, which can make the vitamin C unstable.  I buy mine off Amazon, it is a company in Colorado who make the serum for you the day they ship it and it is about $22 a bottle. The one I use is NuFountain, I rarely repurchase the same products over and over but I am on my 7th bottle of their serum.  Use whatever Vitamin C serum you choose twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

Lastly, make sure to exfoliate.  It really does make a huge difference in skin turnover.

After all that it just takes time.  Probably a good 8 months from when Iw as at my worst until i didn't see the melasma any more.  I have no had a recurring bout with melasma since.  good luck.