Contributor
That's so sad. I don't understand why IT cosmetics has the monopoly of makeup and skin care. I love Tarte and they are rarely on. I check for specific special pricing and flex pays daily and just received the lip crayons I think they are called. I got them all 4 for 28 dollars when one is 21 dollars on their website. Now it's no longer available at all. It's disappeared and had never been advertised. I think if you like a brand checking their deals alot is the best way to shop economically if you need to budget. Every time Mally has a special it sells out like lightening. I don't understand why they hardly have her on. It's just sad she filed bankruptcy and yet sells thousands of whatever she's promoting the same time she's on. Maybe she's too busy with movie stars to sell makeup?
Honored Contributor

Doesn't it seem like when companies are sold, they slowly disappear off of QVC? Bare Minerals, Tarte, Mally. I don't know, it is like the kiss of death. But usually that is probably due to the fact that they often change their formulas once they sell out. Also, for someone like me, if they sell out to a company that tests on animals (like BM and Tarte did) I no longer buy their products.

Honored Contributor

@GeorgiaJack wrote:
That's so sad. I don't understand why IT cosmetics has the monopoly of makeup and skin care. I love Tarte and they are rarely on. I check for specific special pricing and flex pays daily and just received the lip crayons I think they are called. I got them all 4 for 28 dollars when one is 21 dollars on their website. Now it's no longer available at all. It's disappeared and had never been advertised. I think if you like a brand checking their deals alot is the best way to shop economically if you need to budget. Every time Mally has a special it sells out like lightening. I don't understand why they hardly have her on. It's just sad she filed bankruptcy and yet sells thousands of whatever she's promoting the same time she's on. Maybe she's too busy with movie stars to sell makeup?

It is all about the sales and $$. The companies that are selling the most get the most air time and are the ones profiled and pushed most often. While I personally don't feel IT is on so much more than other beauty products as to consider them monopolizing, the fact is that they must be bringing in the most money. QVC is a business- what sells the most is what gets promoted the most.

Contributor
I understand the business aspect but in a while not everyone will be buying It cosmetics. It is a new brand so the sales are likely from new customers. I tried it and would never buy anything from them again. I think in a while the sales will taper down because personally I don't think the products are the best or priced well. I find their shows a bit fake. It's cakey goopy stuff and not naturally bringing out anyone's best them lol 😁. But hey I think all the power to the Q and It cosmetics for selling alot of makeup and being number one!
Honored Contributor

@GeorgiaJack wrote:
I understand the business aspect but in a while not everyone will be buying It cosmetics. It is a new brand so the sales are likely from new customers. I tried it and would never buy anything from them again. I think in a while the sales will taper down because personally I don't think the products are the best or priced well. I find their shows a bit fake. It's cakey goopy stuff and not naturally bringing out anyone's best them lol 😁. But hey I think all the power to the Q and It cosmetics for selling alot of makeup and being number one!

Well and when it does, something else will take its' place. That is how business works. I don't think anyone believes any one company will stay on top in terms of sales indefinitely. And it isn't that new- IT has been around for 8 years now and I believe about 6 years on QVC. I personally do not like IT cosmetics but many do.