Regular Contributor

I was shopping at ULTA to day and looking at Malys products when a sales grl came up tome and told me that they may nolonger carry Mally'sproducts as she has filed for bankrupcy!  I am SO upset!  I have used Mally's products forever adn LOVE them.  I have every color of shadow stick that she makes and I wear them every day.  I can't live without her mascara.  I am so upset about this! I wonder if QVC will still carry her products?  Has anybody heard anything?

Honored Contributor

Yes, this happened about a year ago and the company has since been sold as of early or mid year last year, I believe it was. I am surprised your Ulta person hasn't been updated with the most current  info!

Regular Contributor

Oh!  Thank God.  I assume they will still be selling Mally's products.  I absolutely love her shadow sticks.  They don't move once you put them on.  I'm an ER nurse and that works great for me.  Thank you so much.  You have really relieved my mind!  That girl at ULTA could'nt tell me a thing. Thank you!!!!

Honored Contributor

@racerrn wrote:

Oh!  Thank God.  I assume they will still be selling Mally's products.  I absolutely love her shadow sticks.  They don't move once you put them on.  I'm an ER nurse and that works great for me.  Thank you so much.  You have really relieved my mind!  That girl at ULTA could'nt tell me a thing. Thank you!!!!

I believe the formula for the shadow sticks have changed. I tried a set of 5 (or was it 4?) of the new ones and they did not last like her old ones. It was very disappointing and I returned them (something I rarely do and don't do lightly). The formula for her volumizing mascara has changed as well and many people are really upset about it saying it is not nearly as good as it used to be. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Respected Contributor

@racerrn- Unfortunately I can vouch for the change in mascara.  Sadly it doesn't perform anything like the tried and true formula I too loved and was my "go to".... as is true for several of us, as @HappyDaze stated.

What really stinks is spending money chasing a replacement only to be

disappointed.  At least that's been my experience thus far.   A bummer,

I know.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, when her company was up for bid, the ads said that she would stay on with an employment contract and still be the face of the company. I have not tried many of her new items like the H3 lippies. I bought a three pack of mascara at Ulta over the holidays. The first one I used was fabulous, and the second tube was dried up. When you get a good tube, it's amazing, but I hesitate to keep buying if the quality will now be inconsistent. 

Respected Contributor

Based on what I'm seeing at Ulta,  I think that her Face Defender is going to be introduced in a new, smaller size. I can live with that but not a formula change. I just stocked up on another original as they are once again disappearing.  I should be good for about a year, lol.

Honored Contributor

You can also find SOME of her products on beauty.com

Unlike Ulta, when beauty.com has a coupon (NOT to be confused with drugstore.com coupons) ...you CAN use it on name brand items.  Their shipping is free over $35 and the service is FAST!!!  Sign up for their emails.

I can't live without Mally's Eye Makeup Remover and get it there all the time when they have discounts.

Her own website often has discounts and free shipping as well.  She just had 29% off anything for leap day.  Sign up for her emails also.

Esteemed Contributor

Why doesn't Mally come back to the Q more often? I miss her.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Why doesn't Mally come back to the Q more often? I miss her.

I do too and I don't really buy her products lol!  She does have a one hour show on today at 11am PST.