Respected Contributor

Re: Mally Getting Rid Of More Inventory But With A New Name

@Suebdoo wrote:

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

We have a new Ulta and while I was browsing I heard someone ask an associate if they were going to get a certain Mally product in.   The Ulta associate told her that they didn't get a full stock of her products because she had heard that Mally was changing the packaging away from pink and going to black.  So,  to me it sounds like the company is transitioning to a new image and first has to sell off as much of the inventory in the old packaging as they can before they introduce the new stuff.

Now that makes sense!  

Indeed, that does make sense, considering the change in ownership.   Not that I believed for one single second that Mally was selling makeup that had been in some wharehouse since 2013.  I know that had to be a bunch of hooey and I don't even use Mally cosmetics.  I hate it when someone comes on the board and makes up stuff out of thin air......and then a bunch of posters jump in to add to the misinformation. 

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

You have your facts wrong. She has not renamed the palette. She has a new set out and one of the items in the set is the I Love Color palette, which has always been available on her website under the same name. She hasn't pulled it out of storage and renamed it.

Here's how the Dare to Be Bold set is listed on QVC:

Includes:

• 0.04-oz Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Black Velvet
  • 0.04-oz Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Kona
  • 0.39-fl oz Volumizing Mascara in Black
  • I Love Color shadow palette with one 0.10-oz shadow base and 11 0.40-oz eye shadows in Angel Wings, Lavender Glow, Pop Art Blue, Sweet Samba, Pretty Lady, Fantasy Green, Soho Silver, Plum Glow, Mally's Glow, Denim, and Skyscraper
  • Double-ended shadow brush
  • Bonus bag
  • Imported

I don't know why you chose to make assumptions and smear a vendor, but it doesn't make you look good.

THANK YOU  for your post .... and stating the FACTS!    

OP ......   did you see this?     You were not correct in your original post.

Sorry but it is the exact same palett as her TSV in 2013. You get  your facts right!! 

I did get my facts right. It's the same palette that has been in production and available since 2013, just like Urban Decay's Naked Palette has been available for years. The OP says that Mally renamed it and is selling old products with new names. That was false, just as I said.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I missed this in the above posts,  but is there some proof that this is old makeup?

Just because Mally is promoting what was obviously a succesful color range/grouping doesn't mean the makeup was manufactured in 2013!     It could have been ordered from the manufacturer in late 2014 or early 2015 and is just coming to market now.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

How could any of us "go to a lot of trouble to look up corporate paperwork?" The auction with deadlines for bids was publically advertised and news articles were written about the banktrupcy. Also the court documents are available at two "clicks" from Google.  

Super Contributor

I don't get it, IT Cosmetics and Laura Geller sell the same products over and over day in and day out on QVC?  Barely anything new? What's the big deal??? They even have the same products in their TSV's all the time...some are like 5 years old! 

Honored Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

I don't get it, IT Cosmetics and Laura Geller sell the same products over and over day in and day out on QVC?  Barely anything new? What's the big deal??? They even have the same products in their TSV's all the time...some are like 5 years old! 

It's not a big deal ......  and yes, other companies do the same thing all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Maybe I missed this in the above posts,  but is there some proof that this is old makeup?

Just because Mally is promoting what was obviously a succesful color range/grouping doesn't mean the makeup was manufactured in 2013!     It could have been ordered from the manufacturer in late 2014 or early 2015 and is just coming to market now.

No, she's making an assumption. And since many products are made and sold for years, I don't know why she's singled out this one palette just because it was also included in an earlier TSV. It's been for sale as a stand alone item all this time.

Contributor

I love Mally and have used many of her products.  My favorites are the mascara and the Age Rebel concealer and some of her lip sets.  I've noticed she is not on QVC as much as before and does not have many new products.  Unfortunately it is very difficult for a smaller brand to survive in this day and age.  That's why many of the smaller brands are purhased by bigger conglomerates (i.e. Bare Essentuals) which offers funding for research and development to grow the line.  I've been concerned about Mally because so many of the newer items such as IT Cosmetics have so much more going for them.  I love Mally and hope the new business succeeds.  I want her to be around for a long time.  She's the bomb!

Honored Contributor

Lots of people buy old inventory , but I always assume they know they're buying old and are willing to do that because they're getting a reduced price.

I don't follow Mally, so I'd have no idea whether something she offered was new or old.  Dare I even hope her followers know?  

Mpost of all, buyers should know whether the inventory is old or something old is being manufactured fresh in case people want it.  And Mally or a host should be telling.

I'm not tempted - shimmer on my old face ages me another 10 years.

Super Contributor

This is what I know. IT cosmetics is now the best seller in Ulta and QVC. 

Her company is now called just Mally Beauty.  The company that bought her is called something like brands unlimited. Something like that.   Ulta doesn't have much inventory. So with a new company behind her. She will probably launch new products  and keep her tried and true products 

The company is really trying hard to sell in Ulta. Ulta seems like a big market for her. That is what they are hoping for by hiring reps to sell her products!!