Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I had a similar experience the first time I looked in a regular mirror after my cataract surgery.......OMG!  Now I can see all those scary things without the magnifying mirror!   Cat Surprised

@2blonde

Heart

My mother had the same reaction after her cataract surgery.  She said she looked down at what she was wearing and was shocked to see nothing matched!   Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

My makeup mirror is magnified on one side and standard mag on the other. I only use the mag side for tweezing my brows.

I use the Emjoi erase on my face (even tho there’s nothing really there...yet. I like the smoothness) as well as my legs.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, @CherryHugs. People don't see me magnified, so I have no desire to see myself magnified.

Disclaimer: I don't do any tweezing. But even when I did, I managed with a regular mirror.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I can pretty much tell someone would benefit from a magnifying mirror to apply their makeup because often there is way too much makeup that isn't blended very well.  You can't apply makeup with reading glasses and a magnifying mirror insures a smooth application and it's so much easier for eye makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I can pretty much tell someone would benefit from a magnifying mirror to apply their makeup because often there is way too much makeup that isn't blended very well.  You can't apply makeup with reading glasses and a magnifying mirror insures a smooth application and it's so much easier for eye makeup. 

@Pook

OMG .... you're right!   I used to work with a woman who, I swear, used to apply her makeup in the dark!   One day I couldn't stand it that she didn't realize it, and handed her my magnifying mirror because she had  "spots" on her cheek (mascara flakes).   She literally gasped when she saw her makeup up close ..... and bought a magnifying mirror that same evening.   

Later, she told me thank you because she was walking around that way and no one would tell her.   Yes, she wore rather strong glasses, but somehow just never made the connection ... I guess.

Respected Contributor

I'm very farsighted.... which means I can't see near or far very well!  Even with my contacts, I can't put on my eye make up or pluck hairs without magnification.  Thank goodness for magnifying mirrors!  

(Just thought I'd post big and bold for those of us who are visually challenged!)

Honored Contributor

...my 62 year old eyes need a magnifying mirror.  I am not inspecting my skin just putting make up on and plucking eyebrows.

Respected Contributor

I guess I want to find the mistakes I make before someone else Does. I figure if it all looks okay in a 10x magnifier you are good for other people.